News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the most frustrating twitter convo with SAL. Surprise.

Her original post:

Sue-Ann Levy ‏@SueAnnLevy 9h
The lack of humanity and pettiness by the trolls/Lib elitists/some media in this city re: RoFo is shocking, but sadly telling.

To which I responded that my "lack of humanity" (read: sympathy) is not politically motivated. That was my main point. What is with the damn FN/SAL/JW whatevers always crying that any criticism against the Fords is a lefty/liberal/elitist thing - I'm so sick of it.

Some comments by her:

"Aren't we full of ourself...seems you've had a charmed life. Self-righteousness is unbecoming dear girl."

"There but for the grace of G-d go I. One hopes you never find yourself in need of compassion, angry girl."

(I asked her to pls stop calling me "girl", but apparently I have girl as part of my Twitter handle - it's a business name, so it was ok for her to call me that).

She talks down to me. Then claims she was beaten and locked away for 20 yrs. and I wouldn't know, but guess what, I do. She hasn't dealt with it obviously. Anyway it's pointless really, to argue, to even dare to get through to these quacks.

I have no shame saying I feel no sympathy. If I don't feel it, I don't. It has to come from within. Not sure it's evil though :).

There's nothing wrong with feeling numb about it, Oriana. That's how I feel. Rob has sympathy and support from friends and family, as he should. He doesn't need mine. I'll save it for others — like that kid who got shot in the leg over the crack video, or the other kid who got tossed off a balcony in Fort McMurray. There would be less hurt in the world if Rob had told the truth when he first had the chance, IMO.

I said Doug, don't you ever crave
To appear on the front of the Red Star
Dressed in your Mother's bridal veil ?
Oh ...
And so, I checked all the registered historical facts
And I was shocked into shame to discover
How I'm the 18th pale descendant
Of some old queen or other

+1

Some 9-year old Doug who peddles drugs
I swear to God
I swear : I never even knew what drugs were

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

--George Bernard Shaw

(I would be amazed if this is the first time the pig-wrestling metaphor has been posted to this thread ...)

My thought is pancreatic cancer.

I've been thinking the same thing. All those pix of RoFo drinking from a glass and having to hold it with two hands. Trembling hands are a symptom of pancreatic cancer.

toronto_mayor_rob_ford_with_a_milk_mustache.jpg

I also agree with a previous poster that FoFam has probably been keeping the presumed-benign mass as an ace up their sleeve in case they needed to get RoFo out of a losing position in the race, only to discover that he really does have a serious malignancy.

And gosh, do I ever hate this "doctors giving an update without any family present" -- as if it were a member of the royal family or the bloody pope. "His majesty's personal physician will be speaking to the nation about the grave condition of their beloved ruler." Gag me with a spoon.

Attachments

• toronto_mayor_rob_ford_with_a_milk_mustache.jpg
    toronto_mayor_rob_ford_with_a_milk_mustache.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,078

Her original post:

Sue-Ann Levy ‏@SueAnnLevy 9h
The lack of humanity and pettiness by the trolls/Lib elitists/some media in this city re: RoFo is shocking, but sadly telling.

To which I responded that my "lack of humanity" (read: sympathy) is not politically motivated. That was my main point. What is with the damn FN/SAL/JW whatevers always crying that any criticism against the Fords is a lefty/liberal/elitist thing - I'm so sick of it.

Some comments by her:

"Aren't we full of ourself...seems you've had a charmed life. Self-righteousness is unbecoming dear girl."

"There but for the grace of G-d go I. One hopes you never find yourself in need of compassion, angry girl."

Yep...she's in fine form tonight. I've been following this hilarious twitter exchange for the last little while. Sorry for the long post, but this string is worth reading to the end:

Sue-Ann Levy ‏@SueAnnLevy 41m
@DeSanSus What would you call kicking a dog when he's down? Look RoFo made bad lifestyle choices but the piling on is classless and mean.

steve barber ‏@UncleBarber 32m
@SueAnnLevy @DeSanSus He isn't "down", he is still running for council. For truly classless and mean take a look at Doug "go to hell" Ford!

Sue-Ann Levy ‏@SueAnnLevy 30m
@UncleBarber @DeSanSus One hopes you never find yourself in need of some compassion, sick or down and out angry man.

steve barber ‏@UncleBarber 21m
@SueAnnLevy @DeSanSus I am not angry. The "go to hell" was Doug's comment to the father of an autistic child looking for compassion.

Sue-Ann Levy ‏@SueAnnLevy 18m
@UncleBarber @DeSanSus And other cllrs berated/attacked ordinary citizens at City Hall many times. Didn't see your hysteria about that.

steve barber ‏@UncleBarber 14m
@SueAnnLevy @DeSanSus Where do you see hysteria? If those councillors were begging for sympathy now I would be just as reluctant.

Sue-Ann Levy ‏@SueAnnLevy 13m
@UncleBarber @DeSanSus Riggggghhhhht.

steve barber ‏@UncleBarber 12m
@SueAnnLevy @DeSanSus I think your keyboard is stuck! This is all pretty funny coming from a one-woman hysteria/lack of compassion show!

Sue-Ann Levy ‏@SueAnnLevy 11m
@UncleBarber @DeSanSus Lack of compassion for whom? Overpaid politicians with IQs under 100? Fair game.

steve barber
‏@UncleBarber
@SueAnnLevy @DeSanSus So Ford is an underpaid genius?

Sue-Ann Levy ‏@SueAnnLevy 30m
@UncleBarber @DeSanSus One hopes you never find yourself in need of some compassion, sick or down and out angry man./QUOTE]

Yup that's what I got. She's not well in the head. In fact, I think she's an angry woman.

There's nothing wrong with feeling numb about it, Oriana. That's how I feel. Rob has sympathy and support from friends and family, as he should. He doesn't need mine. I'll save it for others — like that kid who got shot in the leg over the crack video, or the other kid who got tossed off a balcony in Fort McMurray. There would be less hurt in the world if Rob had told the truth when he first had the chance, IMO.

Ditto. Thank you. I haven't appreciated being played by him the last 4 yrs. I don't appreciate Toronto being played by him. I have more sympathy for our city than him.

That's terrible news.

Making him run in Ward 2 makes even less sense.

Is there any indication that there could be cancer-causing side-effects from any of various drugs he's admitted to using?

this is a no-win trap, don't get caught in it. People start looking for reason and reasons for these illnesses. If only I'd done this... if only I hadn't done that. Why does an innocent child get cancer while a mobster with blood on his hands lives into his 90s (while chain-smoking, no less...). Where is Dick Cheney's cancer? Where is Rumsfeld's cancer? Fucking Kissinger is 91. And how is Keith Richards still alive?

There's no rhyme or reason, no justice, no karma... and even healthy living is no guarantee. Some people simply get cancer. That's it.

SAL is in fine form tonight. The fact that she's attacking people for lack of sympathy when people were mostly reacting to her attempt to blame the media for Ford's cancer is so ridiculous. Apparently the "personal responsibility" conservatives don't appreciate people thinking they should take some sort of personal responsibility. I'ld call her a twat, but that would be an insult to twats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back