News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toronto needs more candidates like Goldkind and Soknacki.
I do hope that there's some way to keep them involved in the city after the election.

Toronto needs more candidates like Goldkind and Soknacki.
I do hope that there's some way to keep them involved in the city after the election.

I'd have preferred they ran for council instead, that way they could build up name recognition and show they have experience to voters.

Holy crap. That debate was something else (the one just livestreamed featuring Goldkind and no Ford).

Yeah, the Renee thing was pretty crazy. But the tension between the moderator, who read a bunch of really meandering vague statements followed by a question out of left field, and the three candidates was increasingly visible. The moderator played it off as if the questions were submitted by the community, however they were very nuanced and he seemed to take great offence when a specific word or idea wasn't spoken to at length. Someone even called him out on it from the audience. He was also quite condescending towards Tory, telling him that he can wait for a couple more questions before he leaves to have "Turkey Dinner" (on Thanksgiving Friday). Terrible questions.

The Maury Povich audience audience didn't help.

Tory just confirmed that white privilege doesn't exist during the post debate media scrum. He also keeps mentioning Bell and Rogers coming in the priority neighborhoods to provide jobs.

Last edited:

Best bit:

According to company lore – a story that was confirmed by a police official with direct knowledge of the incident, a former Deco employee and a source close to the Fords – about two decades ago, police officers spotted Randy walking out of Deco holding a garbage bag in one hand and a weigh scale in the other. They suspected the bag was filled with marijuana. When Randy Ford spotted the officers, he ran into the office. The officers chased after him and wrestled him to the ground. But when they turned to collect the evidence, the bag was gone. Police believe someone disposed of it during the commotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back