News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right-wing Christians like Rob because of his anti-gay messaging. In the words of Iola Fortino herself:

"When he says he's not going to World Pride, that is the biggest thing you could do for us Mayor Ford, and we thank you," Fortino said. "We feel oppressed in every segment of society."

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2014/07/20140725-215845.html

Because the only thing Christians like more than a good Christian is a good Christian with sins to forgive.

Official entries into the Doug Ford Election Percentage Pool are here! Thanks for all your entries, and may the lowest % win! :

38% Irishmonk
32% polluted

31.3% dforthandbview

29% GavinTheAlmighty
29% dt_toronto_geek
29% inyyz

28.6% animatronic

28% L23
28% vic
28% JWBF
28% TonyV

27% OSS 117
27% Dilla
27% FromTheHammer

26.4% wheeler98

26.3% sweetlou

26% ndawgg
26% DeathSilver
26% Lamport Davenport
26% Yaitsme

25.5% stoobiedood

25% Videodrome

24.2% justindw

24% salsa
24% Ramako
24% Mope

23.6% sno man
23.6% YPQ

23.5% AlbertHWagstaff

23.1% EagleEye

23% Trish
23% tiffer24
23% Kat_YYZ

22.2% westyvt
22% marcus_a_j

21.5% gingerz

21% Jado

19.5% themarc

19% needlehaystack
19% Riverdale Rink Rat

18.2% drk

17% kaboi
17% pattycakes
17% NYCBoy2305
17%r937

14.7% ROFOMOFO

14% FraudNation

12% TOBorn

10% nohostages
10% Bebop17

The fact that Karla said "he's a good provider " in yesterday's interview as one of the first things she said about him speaks volumes. What woman says that in 2014?

Yeah, I cringed when I heard that, too.
Nothing wrong with choosing to stay at home, of course: you are "providing" something too then (childcare, etc) and are a full partner in the relationship. But using that word kind of negates that.

The fact that Karla said "he's a good provider " in yesterday's interview as one of the first things she said about him speaks volumes. What woman says that in 2014?

Too true.

If my wife topped my list of good qualities saying I was "a good provider", I would be saddened, because I would hope and even think our marriage relationship was more than that.

Lucky for me I guess, because Mrs Davenport would say the exact opposite. I'm certainly not a good provider. "Why are we still renting? I just want some dignity." And especially in a place as lucky as Toronto.

So that's another way Doug and I are different. But strangely, I too would wish for something better in 2014.

I think it's only a matter of time before Toronto creates an official mayoral residence...

house.jpg

"We feared persecution."

Doug & Karla Ford discuss life on campaign trail

10/15/2014

Toronto elected its first Jewish mayor in 1955.

And remember the todo at the time?
Howard bequeathed High Park to the City so long as it didn't elect a Jewish mayor...

Within Karla's lifetime, really? In what way?

Now she's spinning her heritage as being all kinds of mixed, which must be handy for Doug ('My wife is _____' (complete as applicable for audience)).

Try reading this article for a little perspective, or perhaps talking to an actual Jewish person:

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/shouts-and-whispers/article995365/?service=mobile

Even if Ford is a blatant liar, it is an entirely plausible story. Jews were not welcome in WASPy Toronto social circles for much of the 20th century.

Last edited:
We need an interior shot of the Meryl "smoking lounge", replete with a Tony Montana sized pile of blow.

I have never heard that Howard bequeathed High Park on a condition barring a Jewish mayor (?) I was also unaware we had official residences at the provincial level (aside from Lieutenant Governors of days past)???

And remember the todo at the time?
Howard bequeathed High Park to the City so long as it didn't elect a Jewish mayor...

Very disappointing to learn that.

Not to make it right, but Howard was born in 1803.

I know this still stands: "no alcohol ever be served in the park"

Last edited:
Try reading this article for a little perspective, or perhaps talking to an actual Jewish person:

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/shouts-and-whispers/article995365/?service=mobile

Even if Ford is a blatant liar, it is an entirely plausible story. Jews were not welcome in WASPy Toronto social circles for much of the 20th century.

Sorry but I don't buy it. She and her father, if not her mother (I can't remember) are big time into Christianity. Fear of persecution my butt. Unfortunately, LeDrew didn't delve into it as much as he could have. Who exactly feared persecution, her parents, grandparents, great-grandparents? Did they switch to Christianity because they believed in it? This is another case of DoFo blowing smoke out of his ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back