News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
My whole point is I would have voted for her if she did not let Doug get away with his crap. Since she trailing Doug in the polls significantly I just can't risk voting for her. Imagine if she steals enough support from Tory and Doug sneaks in? No thanks.

Sure beats teaming up with the right wing sidekick of a crack smoking drunk on live TV for political gain 10 days before the election.

Going after the front-runner isn't "teaming up" with Dougie. Chow's a candidate trying to get elected mayor. She's not a muckraking journalist whose assignment is to refute ever horrible thing the Fords have ever said and done.

Yes, she could have been harder on Dougie (and Rob before that). But the same could be said of Tory, Stintz and Soknacki. Goldkind's been the only one to go after the Fords with any enthusiasm.

I don't think it says anything about her integrity, at all. Would it be gratifying to me, personally, to see her go after Doug? Sure. I would also like to see small children kick him in the shins in the streets too, but it's not going to happen, and even if it did, it wouldn't fix things. What will fix things by turfing the idiot, and having a mayor that will actually point the city in the right direction. I don't need my revenge fantasies fulfilled for that to happen.

To be clear if she was in the lead I would be encouraging her behaviour. She would also be dissing Doug though....you can't diss strategic voting if you support strategic debating.

Going after the front-runner isn't "teaming up" with Dougie. Chow's a candidate trying to get elected mayor. She's not a muckraking journalist whose assignment is to refute ever horrible thing the Fords have ever said and done.

Yes, she could have been harder on Dougie (and Rob before that). But the same could be said of Tory, Stintz and Soknacki. Goldkind's been the only one to go after the Fords with any enthusiasm.

Fine. She's not teaming up with Doug. Doug is teaming up with Olivia and she lets him get away with it.

I agree with Vintage Punk. If anything, Olivia Chow was too slow to address Tory and the campaign was quite dismissive, since polls at the time showed she was the best positioned to beat Ford. All through the spring and summer the line I'd often hear was basically "John Tory is a North Toronto elitist who can't resonate with working class voters, immigrants and people in Scarborough and Etobicoke. Voters in Ford Nation would prefer the populist Olivia to the elitist Tory."

Agree that she waited too long to address Tory. She seemed to coast into September, which I think was a bad decision. I think I even heard comments from her camp to the effect of her campaign would not really be getting into full swing until September.

Whether it’s unconfirmed info on an ITO from the court or an upcoming subpoena to testify, leaks are not new to the Ford story.

Was information in an ITO ever leaked before being released by the courts? Someone should remind Warmington that a judge ordering the public release of information is pretty much the exact opposite of a leak.

Dougapocalypse

Indeed. I completely get it that she wants to win but it turns my stomach watching her standing there idly while Doug plays the commoner, man of the people card with an amazing track record. She probably needs to go home and take a shower after each debate.

I'm told what I can and can't think, and then that I need to try harder to understand a point? And I'm the one who sounds like a Sun forum clown? Alrighty, then...

Might it come down to this?

If you hate the Fords' personalities more than their politics, you don't mind Tory winning.

If you hate the Fords' politics more than their personalities, you mind Tory winning.

I'm in the second camp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back