News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been on for a while but I have to laugh at this delusion of Doug Ford savior of the PC party. I will give the Fords something, they are amazing at over-hyping their mediocre influence. Who else can convince themselves and others that an approval rating of 40% is a positive thing? As I said after the election, Doug 34% number was close to a record low percentage wise for a returning Mayor (or Mayor by proxy) Barbara Hall lost her second term but got in the high 30s/low 40s vs Lastman, and Rowlands lost her second term try but at least got 36% of the vote. Doug got lower than Smitherman from the last election (36%) and everyone claimed Smitherman political career was over. Oh and by the way another mayor who lost and went to the PC leadership in John Tory actually got 38% in 2003 more than what Doug had now and didn't translate to any great PC party wins. The Ford fanatics and cheerleaders are so delusional in reality.

There's been two full provincial election which the Fords were front and centre in the city and not shy in endorsing the PC candidate that resutls to literally zero victories. There was by-election in "Ford strong" Scarborough with Ford pushing the PC candidate in again resulting to nothing. The only "win" came by Doug Holyday who won his by-election but he was so established even before Ford, and lost the seat quickly back when the full scale election happened.

Btw how did the Ford nation council candidates do? Remember the guys under the "Ford banner" that will defeat the current councilors who dare voted to remove "Ford's powers" Did any of them win? Forget winning, did any of them even come close to being a contender against the established candidate? Even a guy Cusimano (a Ford nation guy) who had a strong 2010 showing was a non factor this time around.

Again the delusion of the Fords and their promoters is just too much. In a system that's really easy to win re-election on a second term for a Mayor (Miller had 57% re-election, Lastman 80%). The Ford lost BAD, it only "looked" close because of a strong third-place candidate in Chow who got 23% (the normal strong 3rd place candidate gets around 10-12%) The Fords were campaigning for four years, had the incumbent advantage (that every councilor who wanted to get re-elected did, with the exception of one) and still lost with a lesser second place showing in percentage of vote than Smitherman, Tory in 03, Hall in 97 and Rowlands before her. Yet he and his talking heads walk around like he accomplished something. Yeah he did accomplished something, he got the lowest percentage of vote for a administration losing their attempt for a second term since at least the 80s (how far I bothered to look back to)

I haven't been on for a while but I have to laugh at this delusion of Doug Ford savior of the PC party. I will give the Fords something, they are amazing at over-hyping their mediocre influence. Who else can convince themselves and others that an approval rating of 40% is a positive thing? As I said after the election, Doug 34% number was close to a record low percentage wise for a returning Mayor (or Mayor by proxy) Barbara Hall lost her second term but got in the high 30s/low 40s vs Lastman, and Rowlands lost her second term try but at least got 36% of the vote. Doug got lower than Smitherman from the last election (36%) and everyone claimed Smitherman political career was over. Oh and by the way another mayor who lost and went to the PC leadership in John Tory actually got 38% in 2003 more than what Doug had now and didn't translate to any great PC party wins. The Ford fanatics and cheerleaders are so delusional in reality.

There's been two full provincial election which the Fords were front and centre in the city and not shy in endorsing the PC candidate that resutls to literally zero victories. There was by-election in "Ford strong" Scarborough with Ford pushing the PC candidate in again resulting to nothing. The only "win" came by Doug Holyday who won his by-election but he was so established even before Ford, and lost the seat quickly back when the full scale election happened.

Btw how did the Ford nation council candidates do? Remember the guys under the "Ford banner" that will defeat the current councilors who dare voted to remove "Ford's powers" Did any of them win? Forget winning, did any of them even come close to being a contender against the established candidate? Even a guy Cusimano (a Ford nation guy) who had a strong 2010 showing was a non factor this time around.

Again the delusion of the Fords and their promoters is just too much. In a system that's really easy to win re-election on a second term for a Mayor (Miller had 57% re-election, Lastman 80%). The Ford lost BAD, it only "looked" close because of a strong third-place candidate in Chow who got 23% (the normal strong 3rd place candidate gets around 10-12%) The Fords were campaigning for four years, had the incumbent advantage (that every councilor who wanted to get re-elected did, with the exception of one) and still lost with a lesser second place showing in percentage of vote than Smitherman, Tory in 03, Hall in 97 and Rowlands before her. Yet he and his talking heads walk around like he accomplished something. Yeah he did accomplished something, he got the lowest percentage of vote for a administration losing their attempt for a second term since at least the 80s (how far I bothered to look back to)

Subways.

Thank you Stat Geek, for putting the numbers to this. It is so darkly comic, a la Dr Strangelove, that DoFo seems to think he is the Great White Hope for the PCPO. I know that if he does decide to enter the race I will definitely be buying a membership in the party just to be able to vote against the loud mouth assholic buffoon.

Last edited:

John Nunziata? Though it's a little illusory, given how Di Giorgio squeaked in with less than 30%...

On the other hand, maybe Graeme is bitter that Keesmaat is considered one of the most powerful people in the country by the likes of TO Life and Macleans and the only people who knows who he is are, well, the people on this board. Keep answering those phones, big guy. Maybe one day it'll be someone really interesting on the other end of the line!

Keesmaat probably reminds him of some b**tch who spurned him. (Come to think of it, Graeme would make a great pigeon for Julien Blanc's shenanigans)

Thank you Stat Geek, for putting the numbers to this. It is so darkly comic, a la Dr Strangelove, that DoFo seems to think he is the Great White Hope for the PCPO. I know that if he does decide to enter the race I will definitely be buying a membership in the party just to be able to vote against the loud mouth assholic buffoon.

I might buy a membership to vote for him, but then again I usually vote a straight Liberal ticket in the election. Reminds me a little of the "vote for the worst" campaigns on American Idol that got William Hung his 15 minutes of fame.

I might buy a membership to vote for him, but then again I usually vote a straight Liberal ticket in the election. Reminds me a little of the "vote for the worst" campaigns on American Idol that got William Hung his 15 minutes of fame.

I'd be super interested to see Doug handle having to manage an entire party apparatus, a caucus, a bureacracy etc... The Fords have always been basically lone wolfs (with Mamo) along the ride for fun. Judging from Doug's inability to accept guidance in his business (the Deco purchase that went awry) I'll be shocked if Doug could handle being manager of an entire party.

Popcorn time.

DoFo could "run" on a platform of "Ferris wheels". I, for one, would vote to have all "far right" conservatives delegated to benches on "said" Ferris wheel and have them remain there for the "duration" of their "tenure"?
oh noes, TOBorn has caught a bad case of WormingTongue! (Even while typing!)
Get well soon, TOBorn!
hug.gif

EA = Executive Assistant?

I believe Graeme is ( was? ) an SA = Special Assistant.

maybe EA stands for Enabling Assistant :p

oh noes, TOBorn has caught a bad case of WormingTongue! (Even while typing!)
Get well soon, TOBorn!
hug.gif

Thank you Kat. It's not terminal, but a "process"'all the same?

ETA: What colour is the number of the alphabet he uses?

Last edited:

Attachments

• teddy.jpg
    teddy.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 610
Last edited:
Oops, @graemeTO is down again, I guess we hurt his feelings. Aw shucks.

I'd be super interested to see Doug handle having to manage an entire party apparatus, a caucus, a bureacracy etc... The Fords have always been basically lone wolfs (with Mamo) along the ride for fun. Judging from Doug's inability to accept guidance in his business (the Deco purchase that went awry) I'll be shocked if Doug could handle being manager of an entire party.

Popcorn time.

He will turn the PCPO into Ontario's most vibrant party.

Found on twitter -- not sure when it's from or where this is but it doesn't look like Friday night shul with Karla ;)
B2chTIjCUAAwoWj.jpg

According to Twitter sources:

1. At "Betty's" on King St., last night.

2. Person on right is a Sun reporter.

Last edited:
@RadioFLL: I don't care much for politics, but it was a nice to surprise to have #DougFord guest speak in my class today. Do... http://t.co/iCvsjK1FLB

BTW: Despite Twitter account name on posted photo, this was at Humber College, not in Florida (as someone suggested above based on the FFL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back