News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very difficult to keep the line between the past and the present...

reporterdonpeat 11:31am via Hootsuite
No longer mayor but still king of the quote: "I have a sniper coming after me, apparently" Rob Ford. http://ow.ly/IyrqP

The only ones sniping are the Ford Brothers.

Anyway, Robbie is really retaining fluid, he's looking more like a balloon ready to pop.

Last edited:
I am sincerely shocked robbie didn't say something along the lines 'this isn't the first time terrorists have tried to assassinate me, look at that toronto star."

I am sincerely shocked robbie didn't say something along the lines 'this isn't the first time terrorists have tried to assassinate me, look at that toronto star."

Well, don't him ideas. On the bright side, a retort is fairly easy - no one is doing a better job at "it" than himself.

AoD

Yes, jaundice. All three of my kids needed an extra night in hospital because of it.

Whoa, Vid, remember that Rob jumped the shark last year -- probably during rehab -- and became a celebrity first and a politician a firm second. As we we all said, this happened with the help of the media, and they can't put him back in the serious box, even though they love his Right Wing (tm).

As a celebrity-politician, Rofo's endorsement gets some ink -- always a good thing for both parties -- and starts the murmuring of the tin foil hat crew. (You know, Ford Nation, conspiracy theorists, knobs at the Toronto Sun, CP2Ford, 1010 etc who like to present stunningly stupid things as "controversial" )

I agree that a Toronto city councillor's endorsement couldn't seriously be used in a data model like 308's. Nor could you use a former mayor, even if you exclude Rofo. Would an endorsement from Lastman help one get elected, for example?

Nope, the Fords endorsement game is a celebrity-media game and not much more. Mind you, I personally got a bit of entertainment and a wee Ford Fix after the Monte M support because I found myself asking WTF?!?! and marvelling at the dysfunction of it all. It's been several weeks now, and I been jonesin' for one of those Fine Ford Moments. :)

Whoa, Vid, remember that Rob jumped the shark last year -- probably during rehab -- and became a celebrity first and a politician a firm second. As we we all said, this happened with the help of the media, and they can't put him back in the serious box, even though they love his Right Wing (tm).

As a celebrity-politician, Rofo's endorsement gets some ink -- always a good thing for both parties -- and starts the murmuring of the tin foil hat crew. (You know, Ford Nation, conspiracy theorists, knobs at the Toronto Sun, CP2Ford, 1010 etc who like to present stunningly stupid things as "controversial" )

I agree that a Toronto city councillor's endorsement couldn't seriously be used in a data model like 308's. Nor could you use a former mayor, even if you exclude Rofo. Would an endorsement from Lastman help one get elected, for example?

Nope, the Fords endorsement game is a celebrity-media game and not much more. Mind you, I personally got a bit of entertainment and a wee Ford Fix after the Monte M support because I found myself asking WTF?!?! and marvelling at the dysfunction of it all. It's been several weeks now, and I been jonesin' for one of those Fine Ford Moments. :)

Speaking of the PC leadership race:

CP24
@CP24
BREAKING: The Canadian Press reports Ottawa-area Progressive Conservative Lisa MacLeod will pull out of the party's leadership race Friday.

She will probably back Elliott too. McNaughton might as well throw in the towel too.

Last edited:
Speaking of the PC leadership race:

CP24
@CP24
BREAKING: The Canadian Press reports Ottawa-area Progressive Conservative Lisa MacLeod will pull out of the party's leadership race Friday.

She will probably back Elliott too. McNaughton might as well throw in the towel too.

Isn't he having a Monte Fest fundraiser this weekend? I'm sure Rob will be there to soak up the media attention.

Rumor is that she might go for John Baird's vacant seat, as it is also in the Ottawa area.

Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 2m2 minutes ago
JUST IN: MPP Lisa MacLeod has withdrawn from PC leadership race & is endorsing Christine Elliott #ONPoli #PCPO

CP24 ‏@CP24 2m2 minutes ago
MacLeod confirms she is pulling out of PC leadership race and will support Christine Elliott.

CP24 ‏@CP24 2m2 minutes ago
MacLeod also says she is considering running in the federal election to replace John Baird.

I wonder how Rob and Monte are feeling right now!

http://news.yahoo.com/spokeswoman-republican-rep-nunnelee-mississippi-dies-183332432.html

Reminded me of Rob Ford.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back