News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
If groundbreaking isn't set to get underway until September, then why are they ending leases now? Is the demolotion process really going to take six months? Why would Bazis cut themselves off from that many months of rental income?

Has 1BE even cleared the city yet in final form?

Bazis doesn't mess around. - They are gettin' right down to business.

More power to them.

Good find, thanks jmacmillian! I always wondered what was behind those walls. I imagined it much more posh for some reason. (I guess because I only ever saw people who were dressed up to the nines coming out of there). It reminds me of The Hoito in Thunder Bay... or my neighbour's rumpus room in the 80s.

I know this is way off topic... but wasn't the Naval Club indirectly or directly responsible for that apartment collapse on the Danforth. (I think they are moving their location next door to the collapse, no?)

My assumption would be that the 'world' below Yonge and Bloor is probably a mess of pipes, cables, and subway-related infrastructure. After demolition of these buildings it will take some time to figure out exactly what is below them and how to excavate without disrupting anything.

It is interesting that most of the retail units look like business as usual despite closing withing a few weeks. Only one or two have close-out sales.

1Bloor1.jpg

1Bloor2.jpg

Um... that doesn't explain why they're starting demolition nine months before groundbreaking.

Why delay?

Once they get approval from the city, What's to stop them from beginning construction in the summer.

(That is on the assumption the site has been completely demolished and cleared at that time)

Once they get approval from the city, What's to stop them from beginning construction in the summer.

Do you possibly mean summer 2009? I'd rather bet on the Leafs winning the Stanley Cup then on Bazis having approval and permits in place to start digging by the summer.

The thought police will eventually take care of September as well as I can't remember a project that actually kept to its marketable, tentative, manatee endorsed, schedule

Do you possibly mean summer 2009? I'd rather bet on the Leafs winning the Stanley Cup then on Bazis having approval and permits in place to start digging by the summer.

The thought police will eventually take care of September as well as I can't remember a project that actually kept to its marketable, tentative, manatee endorsed, schedule

Why would the city hold them up?...Do you think they want a debris field at the corner of Yonge and Bloor for the next year and a half?

Bazis is ready to go, if they (the City) are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back