News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Galloway is awesome. I love how he tries to cut through the BS of every candidate. Wish he moderated every debate. I'm sure Ford will chalk it up to the liberal media giving him a hard time when he's up on Friday but so far Galloway has been as unbiased as one can be. Looking forward to Tory tomorrow

Cross-Posted from "Mayor Rob Ford's Toronto". Was going to reply there, but it gets touchy. It probably belongs here. So...

Do you realize how many bad judgement calls, Tory has had? The man also has a history of flip-flopping when those bad decisions come back to haunt him. It takes him forever to just make a decision, he's so afraid of losing votes. What has he accomplished on his own, without his daddy's help? The man, like Ford, was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. His whole career has been all about his family connections. It's sad that people think a 3 time loser, who is paralyzed by making decisions, is the best choice of leader, in this province. Tory is not a leader! All it took was a fake call in comment to his show, to scare him from running against Ford, in the last election. So of course, he hires the sleaze-ball responsible for that scam. (Ford's campaign manager, last election) What does that say about Tory? Yeah, he's better than Ford but that ain't saying much.

Nope, this doesn't look good for Tory at all.

There is a perception that he's a nice guy. A good man. That may be. In certain circumstances. But a vote for Tory is just another vote for an entitled, upper-class, first-world, fucked-up Twit. Who couldn't really cut it at the family firm. He helped do the PC party in (1993) really did Rogers in for awhile. Then took on the challenge of Charter in the U.S. (Chapter 11, 2009). While simultaneously losing friends and influencing nobody with the OPC in the century's first decade. Good man. Nice guy. But everything he touches turns to a brown slide down someone else's pants. If elected, those pants will the ones we all wear. Not worth it after the shitshow we've all lived with. I'd take Socks first. Stintz never, Ford can go to hell. So, again, slim pickin's for many in this race.

All I said was that City Council could have just maintained the MOU since Sheppard was supposed to be paid by the private sector. Since there was no way in hell that would ever happen, Sheppard would have never been built but at least the SRT would have been an LRT and Eglinton Avenue would have had the proper mode of transit.
You keep bringing this up, but the point is that the MOU was never presented to Council. Ford negotiated it with McGuinty and the province, but, like the fool he is, he kept it in his back pocket. Council was never in a position to maintain the MOU.

Cross-Posted from "Mayor Rob Ford's Toronto". Was going to reply there, but it gets touchy. It probably belongs here. So...

There is a perception that he's a nice guy. A good man. That may be. In certain circumstances. But a vote for Tory is just another vote for an entitled, upper-class, first-world, fucked-up Twit. Who couldn't really cut it at the family firm. He helped do the PC party in (1993) really did Rogers in for awhile. Then took on the challenge of Charter in the U.S. (Chapter 11, 2009). While simultaneously losing friends and influencing nobody with the OPC in the century's first decade. Good man. Nice guy. But everything he touches turns to a brown slide down someone else's pants. If elected, those pants will the ones we all wear. Not worth it after the shitshow we've all lived with. I'd take Socks first. Stintz never, Ford can go to hell. So, again, slim pickin's for many in this race.

He has a puzzling/disappointing habit of getting really excited about an idea or an issue and then dropping it completely when he realizes voters aren't interested or are strongly opposed, but it takes a long time for him to get the message. Last time he ran for mayor, one of his hobbyhorses was waste incineration to produce energy, but he didn't really sell it convincingly. He was emphatically in favour of giving the cops more money, not because of any existing budgetary shortfalls they had, or because the crime rate was rising and they didn't have the resources to deal with it ... no, nothing as concrete as that. It was all because 'people don't feel safe', as if that was a convincing argument to throw money at anything.

And of course there was the religious schools issue. Who knows what led him to think that would play well with the electorate.

Sarah Thomson blaming the media---and sticking up for the current mayor??

reporterdonpeat 9:32am via Web
"The media has tried to marginalize my candidacy, just as they have attacked the current Mayor" Sarah Thomson campaign email

Trying to play the victim AND pick up some sympathy votes from Ford supporters who may not actually get to vote for him ...

Galloway is awesome. I love how he tries to cut through the BS of every candidate. Wish he moderated every debate. I'm sure Ford will chalk it up to the liberal media giving him a hard time when he's up on Friday but so far Galloway has been as unbiased as one can be. Looking forward to Tory tomorrow
The Mayor's embargo against CBC ended about a year ago when he did a quick phone interview with Galloway in which the Mayor basically hung up when the questioning got tough. Friday will be interesting.

Sarah Thomson blaming the media---and sticking up for the current mayor??

reporterdonpeat 9:32am via Web
"The media has tried to marginalize my candidacy, just as they have attacked the current Mayor" Sarah Thomson campaign email

I never much cared about Sarah Thomson a few years ago, but I had this acquaintance whose judgement and decision-making skills were always horrendously off who supported her mayoral run.

During the past 2 years I have come to understand what my politically clueless and emotionally charged acquaintance 'saw' in her.

If Sarah Thomson was my friend or relative, I would take her to the side and advise her to get help.

I thought Tory did really well during his metro morning interview, he's very well spoken.

I can't wait until the Ford interview.

He has a puzzling/disappointing habit of getting really excited about an idea or an issue and then dropping it completely when he realizes voters aren't interested or are strongly opposed, but it takes a long time for him to get the message. Last time he ran for mayor, one of his hobbyhorses was waste incineration to produce energy, but he didn't really sell it convincingly. He was emphatically in favour of giving the cops more money, not because of any existing budgetary shortfalls they had, or because the crime rate was rising and they didn't have the resources to deal with it ... no, nothing as concrete as that. It was all because 'people don't feel safe', as if that was a convincing argument to throw money at anything.

And of course there was the religious schools issue. Who knows what led him to think that would play well with the electorate.

I hadn't read the post that you were replying to. I legitimately thought you were talking about Rob Ford.

I thought Tory did really well during his metro morning interview, he's very well spoken.

I can't wait until the Ford interview.

Tory handled himself well (as did Chow and Soknacki), but they stayed on one issue too long (about Porter) than the other two, who touched on many important topics. His 'I have a financial plan for the DRL which will be unveiled soon' is sounding like not much of a plan at all though. Then again maybe it's all part of a rope a dope strategy laid out by Kouvalis.

I'm wondering if RoFo will even make the early 7:40 am start time. Isn't he still in bed at that hour? Oh wait I forgot he's answering phone calls from constituents from 6 am to midnight everyday.

Back