News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

If Sue Ann Levy's article today in the Sun checks out Oliva Chow's candidacy will be irrelevant and she will be unelectable to the majority of Torontonians...re the prospect of Island condos as introduced by the Islanders with Chow's suppposed blessing...I think the article needs more research but if it pans out Chow is toast....

I used to say that in a perfect world I'd vote Soks. And when it came down to the wire, I'll vote for anyone who is leading as long as it's not Ford. But I just realized there is another possible scenario where Ford is so far behind that strategic voting is not longer necessary and I can safely vote for Soks! His ideas are just too good and sensible to pass up.

True, Ford shouldn't be elected. I am worried about Kouvalis/Tory winning though. I'm eager to shut them out. Soks is now easily my first choice (Chow being a somewhat distant second, but still much preferable to Tory or Ford)

If Sue Ann Levy's article today in the Sun checks out Oliva Chow's candidacy will be irrelevant and she will be unelectable to the majority of Torontonians...re the prospect of Island condos as introduced by the Islanders with Chow's suppposed blessing...I think the article needs more research but if it pans out Chow is toast....

Mr. Banks: You made me concerned enough to read a SAL article. You are wrong. I blame you for wasting my time, but I blame the Sun for illustrating an article that has nothing to do with Chow with her photo. To her credit, except for the dig at Chow, that's not a bad article by SAL standards. More than a whiff of the Regent Park smear attempt of Pam McConnell, though.

Mr. Banks: You made me concerned enough to read a SAL article. You are wrong. I blame you for wasting my time, but I blame the Sun for illustrating an article that has nothing to do with Chow with her photo. To her credit, except for the dig at Chow, that's not a bad article by SAL standards. More than a whiff of the Regent Park smear attempt of Pam McConnell, though.

Seriously. That article had f*** all to do with Chow, other than SAL suggesting that the people behind the co-op (not condo, co-op) would support Chow because...lefties?

RRR, there is enough animosity percolating under the surface re the Islanders that if there is a scintilla of truth to Sal's inference to any Chow involvment she does become an nonentity in the election...People have got long memories when comes to those who get sweetheart deals and the Islanders is one of the sweetest....

RRR, there is enough animosity percolating under the surface re the Islanders that if there is a scintilla of truth to Sal's inference to any Chow involvment she does become an nonentity in the election...People have got long memories when comes to those who get sweetheart deals and the Islanders is one of the sweetest....

Bullshit. You just doubled down on nothing. You may have a lot of animosity towards the Islanders, but Rae was 20 years ago. The average Torontonian has a ton more animosity towards Harris or McGuinty than anything Rae did. You're wrong.

As I see it, the Islanders are presently more of a dead-end hot potato, i.e. those with a bone to pick are pretty much locked within the Sun/Post/Canada Free Press "angry taxpayer" fringe. It's like middle-aged-dads grumbling about the Beatles in 1964 at this point.

I used to say that in a perfect world I'd vote Soks. And when it came down to the wire, I'll vote for anyone who is leading as long as it's not Ford. But I just realized there is another possible scenario where Ford is so far behind that strategic voting is not longer necessary and I can safely vote for Soks! His ideas are just too good and sensible to pass up.

This is where I stand now. I started out as a strong John Tory supporter, even donating to his campaign and signing up as a volunteer (I have not been involved in that capacity at all however), but a number of his statements and policies have alienated me, such as his opposition to Eglinton Connects, bait-and-switch on the DRL, and any other road/transit initiative that reduces traffic lanes. I find his pandering to car drivers and Ford Nation to be very distasteful and backward. I find Chow to be fairly mediocre and am wondering where this bold vision is that her campaign promised months ago.

So I'm now in this awkward position where I don't really want to vote for any of the leading candidates. If it's a close race going into election day, whoever is in the best position to knock off Ford will automatically get my vote, no matter who it is, but like you, hopefully Ford will be so low in the polls at that point that I'll be able to safely vote for Soknacki, who is by far the best and most intelligent person in the race.

As I see it, the Islanders are presently more of a dead-end hot potato, i.e. those with a bone to pick are pretty much locked within the Sun/Post/Canada Free Press "angry taxpayer" fringe. It's like middle-aged-dads grumbling about the Beatles in 1964 at this point.

Yes and who votes.."the angry taxpayer fringe"

And they're aging out, anyway. It's like suggesting that RoFo's stance on Pride will win him the election at this point.
Really...you think that the 18/20 year olds sitting around the breakfast listening to their parents wax eloquent about "the Island squatters" in '93 will have no effect on their view today? Just as it had no effect when those parents were doing the same thing hearing their grandparents harp on it in 71/72?
The more R and D Ford can fragment their competitors the better chance they have of reelection...that being said I'm sure no amount of fragmentation will get R Ford reelected.....

Really...you think that the 18/20 year olds sitting around the breakfast listening to their parents wax eloquent about "the Island squatters" in '93 will have no effect on their view today? Just as it had no effect when those parents were doing the same thing hearing their grandparents harp on it in 71/72?

Yes, that is what I really think, because I think the number of voters in this election who were teenagers in '93, lived in the city of Toronto back then and continue to live in Toronto, and continue to accept their parents' voting patterns is... one. You.

I believe Ford is toast in any scenario at this point, but even pointing at this as a wedge issue for Tory vs. Chow is ridiculous. ScarbSub vs. LRT, Eglinton Connects, maybe some radically left wing something-or-other Chow comes out with post-Labour Day, maybe. But this is just not a tarring that'll stick.

Yes, that is what I really think, because I think the number of voters in this election who were teenagers in '93, lived in the city of Toronto back then and continue to live in Toronto, and continue to accept their parents' voting patterns is... one. You.

I believe Ford is toast in any scenario at this point, but even pointing at this as a wedge issue for Tory vs. Chow is ridiculous. ScarbSub vs. LRT, Eglinton Connects, maybe some radically left wing something-or-other Chow comes out with post-Labour Day, maybe. But this is just not a tarring that'll stick.

To lead such a sheltered life....

To put things into perspective...

I wasn't even alive back in '93, I got no clue what the island squatters are about (and I guarantee I am a more educated voter than 90% of this city), and I am of voting age this election.

Whatever it is, it definitely is not something that is a pressing election issue. I don't know of any vilification of Bob Rae, but Mike Harris and McGuinty governments left a terrible taste in the mouth even though I was but a small child under the Harris government.

The only blight from the past that could impact this election is Chow/Layton "living under subsidized co-op housing" during the 90s, and despite Sara Thomson's insistence, it hasn't made any impact on this election or people's opinions of Chow. If that doesn't, some unrelated island squatter non-issue from '93 definitely won't make noise.

Back