News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I think you are going to see a kingmaker come forward in Stintz (6%) throwing her support behind either Tory or Ford...most probably Ford considering she has been selling herself as the female Ford with less controversy...

Huh?!? Remember that *Tory* (Kouvalis and all) is selling himself as a *male* Ford with less controversy. Why on earth would Stintz, or anybody half-sane, align themselves with Ford?

Really? I thought Tory was advertising himself as the social anti-Ford....the fiscal goals maybe the same the path to get there nevertheless more conciliatory...the social goals I think are worlds apart...Would you see Tory voting no or being absent four years in a row for allocations to shelter, community recreation, community safety, access, equity and human rights (as noted in the Community Development and Recreation Committee meetings 2010-2014)?

Polls also said the provincial election was a dead heat and Wynne got a majority government quite easily.

I'm not surprised that Chow's support is declining. The euphoria surrounding her candidacy is weaning and Kinsella, the handgun ban announcement, and the way she presents herself at debates (mothers on strollers...) are all beginning to turn heads away.

But I highly highly highly doubt Ford is gaining those votes. That doesn't make sense. Nobody supporting Chow will turn to Ford.

I'm not surprised that Chow's support is declining. The euphoria surrounding her candidacy is weaning and Kinsella, the handgun ban announcement, and the way she presents herself at debates (mothers on strollers...) are all beginning to turn heads away.

But I highly highly highly doubt Ford is gaining those votes. That doesn't make sense. Nobody supporting Chow will turn to Ford.

According the poll Chow's support is centrallized in the Old City/East York (49%) in the rest of the city she is lagging behind or statistically deadheated against R Ford and J Tory...and that is with a poll that is weighted in favour of the Old City (37.2% of respondents which represents approx 4% greater ratio than its population merits)
Scarborough is Ford (35%)
North York is Tory (36%)
Etobicoke is a deadheat Ford (35%) Tory (34%)

So the mayor's race is now a statistical dead heat according to Forum...
Chow 29
Tory 28
Ford 27
We are seeing erosion in Chow support
Ford has static support
Tory coming up the middle?
I think you are going to see a kingmaker come forward in Stintz (6%) throwing her support behind either Tory or Ford...most probably Ford considering she has been selling herself as the female Ford with less controversy...
Soknacki at 5% I think is still in it for the long haul hoping for a "Nenshi"..his voter recognition is still only 66% so he has room to grow and as he becomes more recognized his policy positions will come to the fore forcing the frontrunners to be specific in their positions
Too bad the Star didn't show the demos of the 1063 interviewed...it would sure be nice to know...and secondly does Forum use the Statscan model for "Factors asociated with voting"

If Stintz drops out, I don't think she'll endorse anyone. I think she'll look at a federal seat in 2015 or slowly start plans for a provincial seat in 2018.

If Stintz drops out, I don't think she'll endorse anyone. I think she'll look at a federal seat in 2015 or slowly start plans for a provincial seat in 2018.

If Stintz endorses anyone before dropping out, she'll endorse Tory. They appeal to the same voter - wealthier, more conservative voter. They are both positioning themselves as Ford-without-the-racism-homophobia-and-crack.

But she'll most likely run either as a conservative Liberal in 2015 against Joe Oliver or as a Ontario PC in 2018.

But she'll most likely run either as a conservative Liberal in 2015 against Joe Oliver or as a Ontario PC in 2018.

I can see Karen taking the next few years to relax, re-group and re-energize. When the Ontario PC's have a new leader (I'm think either MPP Christine Elliott or MP Patrick Brown) and a new election platform, she'll possibly should look at running provincially.

I can see her running as a red Tory against Joe Oliver in 2015 as well.

I think Stintz is toxic and done. After all that she still has not separated herself from Robbie. As for the poll, looks like Tory and Ford are splitting the right. So Olivia win will win in October barring some late surge by Tory in Six weeks.

I think Stintz is toxic and done. After all that she still has not separated herself from Robbie. As for the poll, looks like Tory and Ford are splitting the right. So Olivia win will win in October barring some late surge by Tory in Six weeks.

Karen Stintz isn't done. If she drops out she'll probably start looking at running federally or provincially. My guess is she'll want to run for a PC seat in 2018. Karen isn't going anywhere.

And from what it looks like, Chow's massive support had dropped. I'm thinking is Troy is climbing up the middle and slowly taking a lot of the Liberal and Conservative leaning votes. This election could be very, very tight, but one thing is almost for sure: Rob Ford will not be re-elected. I'm guessing he'll get... maybe 10 to 13% of the vote.

Karen Stintz isn't done. If she drops out she'll probably start looking at running federally or provincially. My guess is she'll want to run for a PC seat in 2018. Karen isn't going anywhere.

And from what it looks like, Chow's massive support had dropped. I'm thinking is Troy is climbing up the middle and slowly taking a lot of the Liberal and Conservative leaning votes. This election could be very, very tight, but one thing is almost for sure: Rob Ford will not be re-elected. I'm guessing he'll get... maybe 10 to 13% of the vote.

Tory won't win. He's getting half the support he should be because Ford is still in. Stintz is done, people can't support Rob's lapdog (which Tory is not and neither is Josh Colle)

I would think maybe 20%, but not this 27% that that poll is indicating. Of course, it all depends on his next scandal(s) and if this theory of him dropping out and going for the Ward 2 seat.

Last edited:
Tory won't win. He's getting half the support he should be because Ford is still in. Stintz is done, people can't support Rob's lapdog (which Tory is not and neither is Josh Colle)

So you are this convinced Olivia Chow will win? I'm not convinced. I don't think Ford will do well at all the polls come October 27th. Around 10% or so is what I'm predicting for him. I think a lot of soft Ford supporters are heading to the Tory camp which is why he is growing in the polls. I think Tory has a good chance of winning, if he plays his cards right. Tory was smart to hire the people he hired for this campaign and the money he is fundraising is fantastic. Tory does have a chance at winning this, whether you like it or not. This is Chow vs Tory.

As for Karen Stintz, I think her time in municipal politics is over, but that doesn't mean she can't be elected to a federal or provincial seat in the not too distant future. She isn't some Ford "lapdog". Karen can bounce back in a different way.

Back