News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Seems to me that Tory is trying to get some of the Ford followers to come to his team.

Maybe. At the same time, he's doing an excellent job of alienating any good will I might have felt toward him. He was never a first choice for me, but he's rapidly losing any hope of being a second. I don't think I'm alone in that opinion.

I was thinking about voting for Tory if I had to for strategic reasons, but when he's saying things like this I don't think I can give him my vote.

Maybe. At the same time, he's doing an excellent job of alienating any good will I might have felt toward him. He was never a first choice for me, but he's rapidly losing any hope of being a second. I don't think I'm alone in that opinion.

I think he's just saying whatever Kouvalis tells him to. If he's elected I'm sure he'll become regular milquetoast John Tory again. As far as voting for him, if he opens a big lead over Chow and Ford is within striking distance of him, I'd vote for him, despite hating his policies and overall outlook. As far as I'm concerned, priority 1 is getting rid of Ford. All other priorities, rescinded.

Tory is going to blow his lead again if he does not smarten up.

Pretty dumb of him to argue that millions of dollars shouldn't be decided in a few days, or right before an election. Surely he knows that elections don't change government priorities and that once council votes on it, there is no re-opening the debate.

If they had a million dollars

In an effort to get something better than the usual promises and platitudes from the current crop of mayoral candidates, we decided to pose a hypothetical situation. In an ideal world where all of Toronto’s most pressing problems—transit, housing and infrastructure, mainly—had already been solved and required no further attention, what would Olivia Chow, Rob Ford, David Soknacki, Karen Stintz and John Tory do with a million dollars? They could spend this hypothetical million on anything they desired for the city, but they would have to use the full amount. Here’s what they told us.

http://www.torontolife.com/informer/toronto-election-2014/2014/08/19/million-dollars/

Pretty dumb of him to argue that millions of dollars shouldn't be decided in a few days, or right before an election. Surely he knows that elections don't change government priorities and that once council votes on it, there is no re-opening the debate.

I think this is just simply improvements to the bus system, he should support it imo.

Vote fire hydrant for mayor

This is the candidate that would have it all. A proven track record of generating revenue without raising taxes; an unassailable commitment to the well-being of others; and a stolid, reliable character that has prevented it from ever missing a day’s work or sticking the beleaguered public with the bill for a late-night dinner. Plus it’s tough on crime, loves dogs and doesn’t interrupt you when you’re making a good point. Someone in the backrooms of Toronto politics really ought to give that heroic fireplug a good deodorizing, slap a tie around its thick neck and insert it into the municipal election campaign.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/editorials/vote-fire-hydrant-for-mayor/article20102235/

The High Cost of Cheap Labour
Union support can be the key to a mayoral victory. Members will put up signs, go door-to-door and get out the vote on election day. They’ll also expect payback come budget time

David Soknacki, who knew from the outset that his long-shot path to victory would never come by way of the union locals, is the only top mayoral candidate calling for a review of emergency services. The rest of them, unless they speak up, are willing to keep paying the hush money.

http://www.torontolife.com/informer/toronto-election-2014/2014/08/19/high-cost-of-cheap-labour/

Back