News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

And that's different from other politicians how?

She is a special case of going whichever way the wind blows or the sun shines (hence her sunflower logo).

13098248615_9618da91fc_o.jpg

She is a special case of going whichever way the wind blows or the sun shines (hence her sunflower logo).

When she launched her campaign she explained the choice of a sunflower in part by saying that they turn to face the sun (which I guess symbolizes optimism or a bright future or something). Unfortunately, that's a common misconception.

John Tory could easily have the support of councillors such as Michael Thompson, James Pasternak, Michelle Berardinetti, Norm Kelly, Denzil Minnan-Wong and Jaye Robinson. Josh Matlow and Greg Perks are most likely supporting Olivia Chow or David Sokancki because of the old Scarborough LRT plan.

Pasternak will endorse someone for the same reason Filion has...he needs the coat tails of a front runner to lean on in his run at Councillor for Ward 10...Pasternak has two legitimate contenders vying for the seat, Epstein and Toutchinsky, he'll need all the help he can get based on his performance over the last four years....Filion is in the same boat in Ward 23 with David Mousavi...Remember Mousavi has ties to seniors and family services in Ward 23 and his home language is the second most used by families in the ward....

Brilliant (and fantastically ineffective) piece of propaganda by Soknacki!

The only question now is whether Soknacki and Stintz endorse the same candidate when they both inevitably drop out.

Brilliant (and fantastically ineffective) piece of propaganda by Soknacki!

The only question now is whether Soknacki and Stintz endorse the same candidate when they both inevitably drop out.

Doubt it. Soknacki will most likely endorse Chow and Stintz would probably back Tory.

Doubt it. Soknacki will most likely endorse Chow and Stintz would probably back Tory.

I thought Soknacki was running as a centre or even centre-right candidate. It would destroy his reputation if he ever endorsed Chow.

I thought Soknacki was running as a centre or even centre-right candidate. It would destroy his reputation if he ever endorsed Chow.
He doesn't seem to have other political aspirations other than mayor. He'll just go back to his spice company.

Yeah, but read all their policies. They're incredibly similar, to the point where Soknacki has occasionally (not too seriously) accused Chow of stealing ideas from his campaign. This might be because the right/left divide is much muddier at the municipal level or just that Chow is running a pretty centrist campaign so far.

Back