News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

you know... this might not be too bad...

Chow, Soknacki, Tory left to spar in Thursday debate

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/toronto/story/1.2743313

it might give soks a better chance of being heard. tory and chow have started going at each other lately, and if they do that tonight, then soks would be the only one really trying to address issues and presenting ideas. could be good.

Salsa and Everyone: Interesting news on KS dropping out of the Toronto Mayor race...

I noticed that she is not currently endorsing anyone-Any idea which candidate KS supporters would then vote for?

The next Mayor debate with Olivia Chow, David Soknacki and John Tory looks to be interesting...

Would all three staying in the Mayor race be enough to deny RF re-election or would one have to drop
out leaving just two alternatives to RF?

Again-I am still apprehensive about any substantial "split vote" in the October election...

Will any of the other low-support candidates follow suit and leave the race anytime soon?

LI MIKE

Last edited:
Given Stintz's history of self-serving political moves it would not shock me if she ran as a Liberal. Plus, her ward is located in Eglinton-Lawrence which is held by Conservative Joe Oliver. Trudeau recently attracted another right-of-centre candidate, ex-CD Howe Institute head Bill Morneau to carry the red flag in Toronto Centre.

Then again, Joe Oliver being in his 70s, he could decide not to run again...

you know... this might not be too bad...

Chow, Soknacki, Tory left to spar in Thursday debate

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/toronto/story/1.2743313

it might give soks a better chance of being heard. tory and chow have started going at each other lately, and if they do that tonight, then soks would be the only one really trying to address issues and presenting ideas. could be good.

Unfortunately, it's a heritage debate. Which is unlikely to draw as much of an audience.

here's some star tweeting about the debate...

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...te_on_heritage_preservation_live_at_7_pm.html

examples...

debate.jpg

notes.jpg

wrong.jpg

also...

name.jpg

https://twitter.com/goldsbie/status/502594137930366977

Attachments

• debate.jpg
    debate.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 371
  • notes.jpg
    notes.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 359
  • wrong.jpg
    wrong.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 360
  • name.jpg
    name.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
I am asking respectfully and humbly for your assistance in getting my name included in the list of debate participants, moving forward. As you know there is a groundswell of people in this city, including journalists, writers, city officials, and citizens who have heard me speak, who have read my articles and press releases and who have recognized that I have some very valuable and progressive points to make. They, and I believe that my candidacy serves the city by bringing forth the issues that the front-runners refuse to touch.

My actions and words have proven that I am not a “fringe†candidate or an individual with a single pet project. People now refer to me as the “longshot candidate.†I am proud to have earned that title, and I see it as a growing sign of respect from those who care about the issues of this city.

I ask for your help in ensuring a balanced an intelligent electoral race, by involving me in your election coverage, and by assisting me in getting invited to participate in the remaining debates.

http://ariformayor.com/heritage/

Long-shot mayoral candidates Ari Goldkind and Sarah Thomson had both requested Heritage Toronto to permit them to participate in the debate in the absence of Ford and Stintz. However, Heritage Toronto, a charitable organization that works with the city to preserve historic architecture, denied the requests saying that it would not be appropriate for candidates to drop in at the last minute without researching beforehand.

http://www.cp24.com/news/reduced-slate-of-mayoral-candidates-face-off-in-debate-1.1969454

eta: i enjoyed what soks says at the end of the video.

Last edited:
Who thinks Ford's absence from the heritage debate was deliberate? I mean, what on earth could he say on the topic? After all, wasn't he quoted as saying, "Heritage! We have enough heritage already?"...or something to that effect? Imagine Doug trying to come up with some script for Rob to read at the debate.

Did anyone else get the Sarah Thomson poll? It was pretty funny. I can't remember what they said the polling firm was, but it was so obviously Thomson focused. It asked if you would vote for Ford, Tory, Chow or Thomson; the only other choice was "undecided", no mention of other candidates. It also mentioned Conservative, NDP and Liberal; odd for a municipal election.

She also robocalled me. I guess Sarah just loves me :)

Funny how history works. A few years ago she was Ford/Sun Enemy #1 for going against the rhetoric and bringing back Transit City, and was a front runner to go against Ford. Then she overplayed her hand and came out with One City, not only bringing back the subway debate, but also pundits began to associate her as a lead architect to Ford's transit cuts.

If she had just kept her mouth shut, it would likely be a two way race between Stintz and Ford right now.

If Stintz would have kept and improved the combined Eglinton / Scarborough LRT, instead of scrapping it, I believe she would have been in a two way race. And if the Ford story would have unfolded the same as it did, she would have been the front runner now.

Instead, her flip to LRT in 2012 wasted a year and a half and then allowed the Liberals to orchestrate the "Scarborough Subway" debate - which led to their majority government and a farther delay of a couple of years.

I wonder why Stintz cancelled that Eglinton Scarborough Crosstown. Was it:
  • The first step in her Mayoralty plan whereby she seizes control of Council and embarrasses Ford.
  • The Left Wing of Council taking advantage of a naive and gullible Stintz to seize control of Council and embarrass Ford.
  • That she actually believed that the Transit City plan, or the overly expensive B-D Subway extension, were better plans.
All we can say is that something went horribly wrong for her, and that is no doubt the origins of her demise.

Who was the other signature under "One City", that is a pretty good tell of how Stintz went off the rails in 2012.....
A Scarborough Councillor looking for a legacy and virtual assurance of reelection...

Back