News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

That's never been substantiated ... and yet would be funny if true.
I have no problem believing this though:

I have a friend who went to school with Stephen Harper in Etobicoke (yeah, a real Albertan, that Harper...) and, according to him, Harper's Christianity is just a schtick. He does not come from a particularly religious background and has never been particularly religious. However, he is an opportunistic asshole of the highest order and adopted that whole born again crap once he started jockeying for a position within the Reform Party.

Harper said he will no longer be speaking to the media until the end of the campaign. He's done.

I started hearing Harper do commercials (radio) last week. Each day is a new one on a different topic. He seems personable in the spots. I guess that's all they're doing for publicity till the end. I'll be amazed if they even come close to majority. He should be done - and resigning - I believe he said he would if he lost? I'll bet we see lots of commercials for all parties during the baseball game, noticed it in game 4.

I started hearing Harper do commercials (radio) last week. Each day is a new one on a different topic. He seems personable in the spots. I guess that's all they're doing for publicity till the end. I'll be amazed if they even come close to majority. He should be done - and resigning - I believe he said he would if he lost? I'll bet we see lots of commercials for all parties during the baseball game, noticed it in game 4.

Yeah I have noticed those "story" ads - they were well done, but I think he saturated the market too early and people just tune off (I know I did).

Harper said that he expect to have a first crack at forming a government if he receives a plurality of seats (though it's clear said government would be unstable to say the least). It is unlikely he will even get that at this point, so who knows what he will do. He definitely didn't read the sign and leave on a high note. (guess walking in the snow ain't his thing).

AoD

Harper's Christianity is just a schtick. He does not come from a particularly religious background and has never been particularly religious. However, he is an opportunistic asshole of the highest order and adopted that whole born again crap once he started jockeying for a position within the Reform Party.
One could say the same of Obama, and likely a whole host of politicians. Not to mention most of us twice a year Christians. Would GW Bush be the best example?

One could say the same of Obama, and likely a whole host of politicians. Not to mention most of us twice a year Christians. Would GW Bush be the best example?

Actually I thought Harper's "religiosity" is probably understated, though it would be interesting to see if it more about being associated with an organized religion (in his case, an Evangelical church) vs. personal spiritual beliefs.

AoD

Last edited:
http://ipolitics.ca/2015/10/14/crosbys-partner-says-firm-is-not-involved-in-conservative-campaign/

If Lynton Crosby wasn't here, than whose idea was it to bring up the wedge issues?

The article quotes Conservative sources indicating "Crobsy touched down on Canadian soil for “a few days” — but had only agreed “to assist from afar in a limited capacity.” "

So, either our racist fearmongering Conservatives are lying, or their racist fearmongering conservatives are lying. Either way, they're pulling moves for Crosby's playbook.

Yeah I have noticed those "story" ads - they were well done, but I think he saturated the market too early and people just tune off (I know I did).

Harper said that he expect to have a first crack at forming a government if he receives a plurality of seats (though it's clear said government would be unstable to say the least). It is unlikely he will even get that at this point, so who knows what he will do. He definitely didn't read the sign and leave on a high note. (guess walking in the snow ain't his thing).

AoD

I like how he ends them with "We'll talk again tomorrow". I find myself muttering "no, lets not".

Rob and Doug Ford attend Stephen Harper event in Etobicoke

See link.

Wow! The snotty kid (Harper) from Richview Collegiate Institute wants help from the snotty kids (Ford brothers) from Scarlet Heights? Guess the real snotty elite kid (Tory)from University of Toronto School didn't want to help.

On TV im still seeing more Liberal ads than Conservative, but the Conservatives have absolutely dominated radio.

Back