News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Scarborough thinks it is missing out on the condo boom because it has a transfer at Kennedy. Once the transfer is eliminated then all the cool people will move to scarborough and no longer call it scarberia or scarlem. This will increase property values and help the good working folk of the area since it will become a destination versus being an after thought.

Scarborough thinks it is missing out on the condo boom because it has a transfer at Kennedy.

Ummm no. I've never heard anyody mention such a sentiment. Anybody who wants that subway, wants it because they hate the transfer. I've never, once, heard anyone tie that to development at STC.

Once the transfer is eliminated then all the cool people will move to scarborough and no longer call it scarberia or scarlem. This will increase property values and help the good working folk of the area since it will become a destination versus being an after thought.

This is exactly the kind of rhetoric I was talking about in my earlier post. Enjoy (at least) four years of Ford.

Last edited:
There have been people on here who have complained that north York got all the nice development because of the sheppard subway and that stc has missed out because it has a RT. There have been others that are upset that VCC is booming in condo development because of the subway where as stc suffers. If you don't remember these types of posts then you have selective memory.

As for me participating in creating a divide. That's a joke. Scarborough has created a woe is me narrative and about how the downtown elites have gone out of their way to destroy their lives. Anyways under ford I will pay less tax and gentrification will never be a need for me. I already have a subway and am part of your downtown elite. Ford won't make my life worse. If anything with the lack of transit being built my house will go up even more in value.

Ummm no. I've never heard anyody mention such a sentiment. Anybody who wants that subway, wants it because they hate the transfer. I've never, once, heard anyone tie that to development at STC.

Actually, that has been a justification for the subway (but not worded in that way) - that the lack of a stop has stunted growth in Scarborough, and puts the residents at a disadvantage. Someone we know actually mentioned that... ;)

https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...ts-of-the-scarborough-subway-extension.27288/

There have been people on here who have complained that north York got all the nice development because of the sheppard subway and that stc has missed out because it has a RT. There have been others that are upset that VCC is booming in condo development because of the subway where as stc suffers. If you don't remember these types of posts then you have selective memory.

As for me participating in creating a divide. That's a joke. Scarborough has created a woe is me narrative and about how the downtown elites have gone out of their way to destroy their lives. Anyways under ford I will pay less tax and gentrification will never be a need for me. I already have a subway and am part of your downtown elite. Ford won't make my life worse. If anything with the lack of transit being built my house will go up even more in value.

Odd post by sixrings...but...now that Ford is Premier-elect, does the DRL now become #1 on the transit list?

Actually, that has been a justification for the subway (but not worded in that way) - that the lack of a stop has stunted growth in Scarborough, and puts the residents at a disadvantage. Someone we know actually mentioned that... ;)

https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...ts-of-the-scarborough-subway-extension.27288/

Sure. It's my thesis that STC would have been denser. But I have not heard any muggle off this board state that, as the reason for wanting the subway built today. The average person who wants that subway, does not care about development. They just dislike the transfer.

Odd post by sixrings...but...now that Ford is Premier-elect, does the DRL now become #1 on the transit list?

The DRL is not going to be priority 1. I'll bet money on that. I don't get where Ford supporters on this forum get that idea. The Fords and their supporters have railed against downtown Toronto for so long. They've got voters to repay in the suburbs. Just delusional to think they'll prioritize a downtown subway over everything else.

Sure. It's my thesis that STC would have been denser. But I have not heard any muggle off this board state that, as the reason for wanting the subway built today. The average person who wants that subway, does not care about development. They just dislike the transfer.

I'm pretty sure development has been used as a rationale more than once in this thread (and the thread it was created from).

Tory has used it as well: https://www.toronto.com/news-story/...o-scarborough-mayor-john-tory-tells-students/

The Fords positioned a subway as the only infrastructure solution for Scarborough, with only positive benefits, and anything else a result of them being treated as '2nd class citizens'.

The DRL is not going to be priority 1. I'll bet money on that. I don't get where Ford supporters on this forum get that idea. The Fords and their supporters have railed against downtown Toronto for so long. They've got voters to repay in the suburbs. Just delusional to think they'll prioritize a downtown subway over everything else.
If DMW is not elected, there goes a huge voice for a potential DRL. Individual riding results will likely make a bit of a difference as well.

Sheppard Subway and SSE shovel ready within six months may be too much to ask, but here's hoping.

If Ford wants a three stop SSE then it won't be six months. It wouldn't be surprising if shovels didn't hit the ground during his 4 years as premier.

Back