News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

If Ford wants a three stop SSE then it won't be six months. It wouldn't be surprising if shovels didn't hit the ground during his 4 years as premier.

This is about as delusional as the Ford supporters who think he'll build the DRL.

It does not take 4 years to get shovels in the ground. Even with a redesign and new EA.

Well. We'll soon find out what Doug's transit plans are.

Just wait. DRL is very much safe. One thing overlooked is Michael "Ford"s future in 2022. They will want to use this almost funded line and the SSE delivery as a big tool against the opposition to try to take Toronto and the Province once Tory leaves. That doesn't happen unless they give the people the start of most important projects in these areas

Just wait. DRL is very much safe. One thing overlooked is Michael "Ford"s future in 2022. They will want to use this almost funded line and the SSE delivery as a big tool against the opposition to try to take Toronto and the Province once Tory leaves. That doesn't happen unless they give the people the start of most important projects in these areas

And if that's the case, they aren't building that till at least 2022. So we're in agreement, no shovels for the DRL in the ground this term.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong. But I see how the game is played. And I just can't see how this happens this term.

And if that's the case, they aren't building that till at least 2022.

I think it will be well on its way if not close. They won't hold it back much if at all. The Long will likely be the battle starting into 2022

As you said well know soon but this is an important piece of transit for Ford

Last edited:
If DMW is not elected, there goes a huge voice for a potential DRL. Individual riding results will likely make a bit of a difference as well.

At least Denzil Minnan-Wong (lost as PC in Don Valley East) will not be Minister of Transportation.

Odd post by sixrings...but...now that Ford is Premier-elect, does the DRL now become #1 on the transit list?

I really hope not. RER is by far the closest to a tender and some version of it is still quite a bit more important than the DRL to Ontario as a whole. Simply put, RER can carry many more commuters than the DRL can to many more potential customers.

TTC can make do for a while yet, particularly if they add exit scanners at subway stations and charge a downtown premium during rush hours.

That's not to say the DRL is not important, it's a very close second and I also hope it is not delayed in any way.

Last edited:
I think it will be well on its way if not close. They won't hold it back much if at all. The Long will likely be the battle starting into 2022

As you said well know soon but this is an important piece of transit for Ford

I get that you sincerely believe this. But he's not Premier of Toronto. He's Premier of Ontario.

And most of his caucus is not from the 416. They will all need to secure their seats going forward and there's only so much money to go around. Don't mistake the party leader for dictator.

I get that you sincerely believe this. But he's not Premier of Toronto. He's Premier of Ontario.

And most of his caucus is not from the 416. They will all need to secure their seats going forward and there's only so much money to go around. Don't mistake the party leader for dictator.

Maybe. Time will tell but certainly don't agree with your prediction. I believe the family is burping Mikey for a run in Toronto in 2022 and without the DRL close by then it will have a negative impact. Populists also like to handcuff their rabid critics with big wins and this is the Holy grail of transit. I also dont see him as anti Downtown, he just has a suburban view on the use and problems caused by poorly designed surface transit. I think we'll see he aligns with the main priority more than some believe.

Last edited:

Back