News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I think Metro Edmonton ridings like St. Albert-Morinville and Fort Saskatchewan-Vegreville should be canvassed.

If the NDP can swing multiple ridings in Calgary, Lethbridge and perhaps the Banff - Canmore riding, there is a good chance the NDP will win, regardless of the rest of rural Alberta.
Yes, I wouldn't lump in every riding outside of Edmonton or Calgary as rural and say the UCP will win them all. There is more diversity outside of Edmonton and Calgary than just a quick look at polls might show. Lethbridge is very different than Fort McMurray.

While the NDP will not win a majority of what should more accurately be called the rest of Alberta, they have a shot in enough of them to win the election.

So do we get some sort of similar not-a-campaign event where we get to listen to Notley and Smith not-campaign about all the things they will be doing for and giving to Edmonton, including our own downtown revitalization?

Or is that reserved for the self proclaimed election battleground city only?

In my opinion the election should have been called a while ago, but for whatever reason the UCP seems to be holding off, so we have this weird its not a campaign yet, but it is period.

I'm not sure if they feel it gives them some advantage by still making announcements as the government or related to election spending.

So do we get some sort of similar not-a-campaign event where we get to listen to Notley and Smith not-campaign about all the things they will be doing for and giving to Edmonton, including our own downtown revitalization?

Or is that reserved for the self proclaimed election battleground city only?
Notley announced a “$200M DT Campus” in YYC. Not sure what 200 Million buys as the New School of Business is costing the same and it’s only 1 building. She better follow through on her new hospital promise for up here. Gotta throw the city of cows a bone I guess?

I think another opportunity could be the Metro Edmonton Communities - Sherwood Park, Strathcona County, Fort Saskatchewan-Vegreville, St. Albert, St. Albert- Morinville, Spruce Grove-Stony Plain and Leduc. That’s seven potential seats.

In my opinion the election should have been called a while ago, but for whatever reason the UCP seems to be holding off, so we have this weird its not a campaign yet, but it is period.

I'm not sure if they feel it gives them some advantage by still making announcements as the government or related to election spending.
the “for whatever reason” is so they can keep campaigning with our tax dollars as long as possible and hoard theirs as long as possible. :(

I think another opportunity could be the Metro Edmonton Communities - Sherwood Park, Strathcona County, Fort Saskatchewan-Vegreville, St. Albert, St. Albert- Morinville, Spruce Grove-Stony Plain and Leduc. That’s seven potential seats.
I was talking to someone who is volunteering for the UCP in Sherwood Park and he was saying a lot of people are torn not wanting to vote for Smith. He said it was very difficult for them. I told him it wasn’t don’t vote for her.

Back