News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

LOL

9 feet is a pretty typical ceiling height for office towers - its the space above the suspended ceiling that differs from condos (think about it 715 feet for 50 floors )

I always thought the lighting was to happen in the park and not on the actual building..From what I remember reading James Turrel was to include a light installation- now that could also translate into- applying it to the building.

WaterlooGuy- I disagree- LED is not inexpensive. The overall costs are still quite high, especially when wanting to get quality products. Generally, its the longterm savings on fewer repairs, less energy etc., which end up saving you money. But for most clients it is the inital cost which throws them off, leading them to less expensive alternatives- yet in the long run they work out to be more expensive.

LED's, which I should quickly mention, come in a variety of quality levels as well. Straight up white LED's which do not change colour are quite inexpensive, but as soon as you want to have the LED change its colours etc. the cost is exponentially higher.

p5

Was the LED display to be part of their public art contribution? If so, cost might only play a marginal role. After all, they have to spend a few bucks on something.

They have started building the forms on the next level. cool!

conbayadeak7.jpg

The forms have been completed on the second level. ( of the shaft)

also note the concrete is being pumped into the forms as well.

bayaconsy3.jpg

Image from the Bay- Adelaide Webcam.

well of couse...we DON'T have a reason yet. wait a little bit and there will be an announcement of some sort.

No kidding?

If there are to be no LED's can we at least have nice glass? Let's Broofield doesn't skimp on this.

And nine foot floors is just weird in an office tower.

its nine foot ceilings and just about every office tower in Toronto has them including the tallest

9 foot ceilings does seem low but there is mechanical above them, so likely 11-12 feet from slab to slab.

exactly.

My office is 12 feet because the concrete is exposed, and painted black. the mechancial ( ie ducting/ heating venting) is exposed and lit with soft lighting, in truth it looks very artistic.

I like it.

update from the Bay Adelaide webcam

baycondojx0.jpg

I can see more exposed concrete on the shaft at the lower levels..looks like they are raising the forms to the next level. Shaft is getting closer to ground level. nice nice.

Back