News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

its nine foot ceilings and just about every office tower in Toronto has them including the tallest

Like I've never been in an office tower before. Thanks for stating the blazingly obvious, maestro.

This was the clarity I was getting at:

9 foot ceilings does seem low but there is mechanical above them, so likely 11-12 feet from slab to slab.

Like I've never been in an office tower before. Thanks for stating the blazingly obvious, maestro.

then why is it so weird?

anywho ... you welcome and already provided 'clarity' on the previous page (re-assuring though knowing I'm not part of the clique)

Besides the obvious things, what is it like in an office tower compared to, say, a 5-story office block? (seriously)

Let me guess: more attractive women to hit on; more arrogant jerks to hate; more people; more detachment from reality; more substance to--nothing?

I would like to OWN my own office building one day. We shall see. I think bloor and yonge could use a few more 50+ floor office towers. B+Y is ultimately more interesting to work at than Y+King. From my perspective of course. Lunch@C5? Oh yeah just down the street. Students to take advantage of? Yeah just down the street;) Anyways, BLOY forever is my call.

Bay Adelaide Centre: employing more construction workers than office workers since 1990???

Besides the obvious things, what is it like in an office tower compared to, say, a 5-story office block? (seriously)

Maybe this is one of the obvious things but for the average office worker, I think it's just a matter of having more options for food and shopping at lunch and on breaks. For the social minded, there is also more opportunity to meet new people.

Other than that, I think it's the money spent by the tenant on interiors that determines the office worker experience rather than the height of the building.

Back