News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

J Crew has opened. Its nice but I thought it would be bigger for a flagship store.

I went in the day it opened. It's mostly Collection pieces.

As a Torontonian expat who won't be back in the city for a while, I would love to see what the exterior of the new J Crew is like…

Re: the new Holt's men's store, I have a feeling this might be happening in preparation for the construction of the skyscraper/reconstruction of the flagship. If Holt's temporarily moves menswear to the corner of Bloor and Bellair- and to have the store ready for fall, not to mention the space's greatly reduced square footage, implies that the move might only be temporary- womenswear then could move into another space (the Bay at Yonge and Bloor if it is abandoned?) while demolition, construction and reconstruction is under way on the flagship. Just a thought- I'm not sure what stage the Holt's Tower proposal is at.

The facade of the J.Crew store looks much like it did before but with a dark grey stone cladding. I'm a bit of a J.Crew enthusiast and I thought it was a nice store, although not as large as I expected, and I think I actually prefer the staging of the men's section in the Eaton Centre location. Anyways, good to get another location in the city!

Anyone know what's going on with the second floor of J.Crew? Is it actually part of J.Crew or will it be Brooks Brothers? Wondering, since there's no upper level at J.Crew, but J.Crew's sign is there.

Rendering of the new Roots store on Bloor Street

1601410_10152011874601871_2146458341_n.jpg

I thought Roots was taking the small space across the street (next to Mac)??
This is the old Gap Kids space.

Weird that's what I thought too ... and it was reported by various sources ..

Weird that's what I thought too ... and it was reported by various sources ..

According to their press release, Roots will be renovating their Toronto Eaton Centre and Burrard St. flagship stores. The current "oversized" Bloor St. location will relocate to 80 Bloor St. West in May 2014, as per the above rendering. I'm thinking the small store across the street at 89 Bloor West that was previously mentioned as leased by Roots will perhaps feature just their leather goods?

Or they decided it was too small? The old Gap Kids space was (if memory serves me right - 6,500 square feet (maybe 8,000). The old Mac spot (next to the new Mac) is tiny - maybe 1500 square feet.

As for second floor of J. Crew - there's nothing. I don't know what's on the second floor now - someone once rumoured that Suit Supply had leased a bunch of that second floor space (pre their Hazelton lease). Brooks Brothers is in the basement and main floor, so not sure what the deal is.

The J. Crew is ok... I'd really like a mens store we've been totally shafted in most of their stores here.

Or they decided it was too small? The old Gap Kids space was (if memory serves me right - 6,500 square feet (maybe 8,000). The old Mac spot (next to the new Mac) is tiny - maybe 1500 square feet.

As for second floor of J. Crew - there's nothing. I don't know what's on the second floor now - someone once rumoured that Suit Supply had leased a bunch of that second floor space (pre their Hazelton lease). Brooks Brothers is in the basement and main floor, so not sure what the deal is.

The J. Crew is ok... I'd really like a mens store we've been totally shafted in most of their stores here.

I bet the lease is very short term ... at 80 bloor ... keep in mind there is a big development proposal where this office building stands !!

I feel like were ages away from 80 Bloor going into development. It's not approved, not in sales etc...
I can see World's Biggest Developed WAY before ;)

I bet the lease is very short term ... at 80 bloor ... keep in mind there is a big development proposal where this office building stands !!

"Very short term" might mean a year or more. I won't be surprised if Roots eventually moves to 1 Bloor East. In fact, I won't be surprised at all if Zara, Banana Republic and Gap move there either and leave Bloor to luxury brands. I'm tired of places going to Yorkdale first. I'm a downtown girl!

Back