News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

"Very short term" might mean a year or more. I won't be surprised if Roots eventually moves to 1 Bloor East. In fact, I won't be surprised at all if Zara, Banana Republic and Gap move there either and leave Bloor to luxury brands. I'm tired of places going to Yorkdale first. I'm a downtown girl!

Right I completely agree - but I don't think its going to stop Yorkdale ! Given the typical sales you see in that mall its hard to high end retailers to pass !

There's a new juice place opening on Yorkville, between Avenue and Bellair:

http://instagram.com/p/kchmSUyFPM/

Also, what's the deal with Summer's Ice Cream? Their windows were papered up. Are they renovating before they reopen for the season (which should be soon) or are they gone? They seem to be quite popular when they open for the season, so I hope it isn't that! Nothing on their social media saying they're moving or gone.

UPDATE on Summer's: Was just told that they're renovating before they reopen for the spring/summer seasons!

Last edited:
Perry's looks to have been leased, but is being divided up into two stores. Any ideas or knowledge as to who's opening up there?

Picnic officially opens at the Holt Refrew Centre on Tuesday.

'Loding', a French men's luxury store is opening on ave rd. even though I've never heard of them.

It is their first store in North America; they sell mostly shoes but also shirts and accessories at standardized prices (their shoes are all 160 euros on their website). They call it "affordable luxury".

Picnic has opened at the Holt Renfrew Centre (former home of Carlton Cards). Not really too impressed. It's a grab and go place with prepped sandwiches and soups and that's it. No made-to-order. They do have half sandwiches, which is a good thing if you want to mix and match.

Some random photos from last night....well attended, great interior design and layout, considering they took odd space in Victorian building, fantastic product selection and the prices are very competitive. Worth checking out.
IMG_20140220_184156.jpg
IMG_20140220_183323.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140220_184156.jpg
    IMG_20140220_184156.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_20140220_183323.jpg
    IMG_20140220_183323.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 404
Looks great! I'm not familiar with their clothing, i will have to check them out and see if the quality is on par with other brands in that price point.

Looks great! I'm not familiar with their clothing, i will have to check them out and see if the quality is on par with other brands in that price point.

I'd be curious to read what everyone has to say about product and price, as compared to what Toronto already has to offer. I know that Suitsupply has a loyal following, and a lot has to do with how you dress items up, etc....But they had suits for $399 - just under $1,000.

Cookbook Store had previously announced they would relocate as 1 Yorkville condo was coming.
They have decided to close down instead.
http://www.thestar.com/life/food_wi..._beloved_cookbook_store_to_shut_for_good.html

It's sad, but probably inevitable, 1 Yorkville or not. I do a lot of cooking and I have a sizeable cookbook collection, but when I am looking for a new dish to try, it won't be my first choice, it's just too time-consuming. Perhaps I should hire someone to scan and index the whole thing! One site I use often is the Food and Drink section of lcbo.com with its useful search engine.

Back