News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Wait, isn't Vera Wang part of Hugo on the Avenue? What's going to happen to that?

Yup.. I'm assuming it will be closing along with it.

Too bad; the situation in Yorkville is looking pretty dire compared to the sky high hopes some of us had 2 years ago.

Too bad; the situation in Yorkville is looking pretty dire compared to the sky high hopes some of us had 2 years ago.

I'm not sure anyone is really 'shocked' by this news.
It's rather expected and not something to get overly concerned about in my opinion.

The high end mark has taken a hit and while the new is full of 'we're recovering' there's still a long way to go. I wouldn't be surprised if the high end market doesn't pick up till 2011 at the earliest.

I feel badly for all the brides who bought dresses for spring or summer 2010 if that were the case.

Is Hugo at Hazelton Lanes closing as well?

Came across this:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/January2010/20/c2498.html

"RIMOWA, Germany's luxury luggage maker, opens its first
flagship store in Canada. To celebrate the opening
intergalactic space travellers will be showcasing RIMOWA
luggage on Bloor Street.

This elegant new boutique is located in the heart of
Yorkville, and precedes the opening of RMOWA's first
flagship store in the U.S., located in Beverly Hills,
California."

Came across this:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/January2010/20/c2498.html

"RIMOWA, Germany's luxury luggage maker, opens its first
flagship store in Canada. To celebrate the opening
intergalactic space travellers will be showcasing RIMOWA
luggage on Bloor Street.

This elegant new boutique is located in the heart of
Yorkville, and precedes the opening of RMOWA's first
flagship store in the U.S., located in Beverly Hills,
California."

Forgot to ask, what was in this space before they took over?

Last edited:
For to ask, what was in this space before they took over?

Well 101 Bloor St W is the building where the new Cole Haan went; they may have taken some space next door, but I haven't been there lately so can't say exact location....maybe someone can post a pic.

If this is going where I think it is (behind Cole Haan on St. Thomas) then it used to be a service entrance before the renos.

Rimowa is already there and has been open a month or so.

There is some 'cladding" on the exterior of the store that matches their suitcases. It's a nice touch and looks good. The store is really, really white.

Moving around the corner:
The old shop at 83 Yorkille Avenue will be shuttered to make way for a slightly larger shop at 27 Bellair Street and a new space in Bayview Village.

Funny, because the Yorkville Ave. store has been locked out by the landlord for non-payment of rent of $45,000.

Rimowa is already there and has been open a month or so.

There is some 'cladding" on the exterior of the store that matches their suitcases. It's a nice touch and looks good. The store is really, really white.

Sounds cool. Hopefully someone can get a picture of it.

Sounds like Riwowa is the "Rolls-Royce" of the luggage area. Are they a well-known, luxury brand? Pretty cool Toronto has only the second store in the North America.

What's with the Sun Life advertisements plastered over the windows of the former Noir space? I'm still hoping something major is going to move in...

Attachments

• IMG_2316.jpg
    IMG_2316.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2318.jpg
    IMG_2318.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2321.jpg
    IMG_2321.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2322.jpg
    IMG_2322.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 206
Rimowa Yorkville:

Thanks Greg.

Very minimilastic in design in terms of the store. Luggage pieces look very strong, would travel very well (must work well for fragile items inside), and stylish. I hate to think what the price tags are.

Back