News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

are all of these leaving Yorkville or just moving ?

Looks like Bloor had a delayed reaction to the recession, we're starting to see the impact now.

My understanding is that they are all leaving the area.

Yeah, and I am one of many (!!!) of the younger folks who cannot stand the arrogance of their branding, stores, not to mention its offensive marketing measures.

Not to mention their clothing is also not tasteful in any way and it's all about their big annoying name slapped on as a logo.

There are many young people who choose not to wear their stuff because of the messages it sends out. Please, please, not one at this location. Anything but that store.

I think a ZARA or something (cheaper than A&F yet 10x classier and they use reasonable labour practises) here would be brilliant, and very true to the types of stores ZARA has in other countries:

zara.jpg

zarany.jpg

Hmmm, maybe Zara and Club Monaco can trade places.

Yeah, I was gonna say, isn't Zara already on Bloor, closer to Younge?

Regardless of that, Zara would make a good tenenant for the Club Monaco space.

Yeah ZARA is situated at the Holt Renfrew Centre currently. However, their unit is small, not to mention the men's section is downstairs and out of sight.

Bring ZARA to the Household Science building @ Queen's Park and Bloor!
*petition starts now* :D

The old Furla store has been leased.

Zara is sort of a 'budget' fashion shop, and for a younger demographic. I don't see this as the typical shopper in Yorkville and I imagine it would be hard for Zara to make the monthly rent payments on a prime location like this.

Then again H&M is already on Bloor so maybe this is the trend for the area?

Zara is sort of a 'budget' fashion shop, and for a younger demographic. I don't see this as the typical shopper in Yorkville and I imagine it would be hard for Zara to make the monthly rent payments on a prime location like this.

Then again H&M is already on Bloor so maybe this is the trend for the area?

Well, there's an H&M on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan.

H&M and ZARA are "budget" stores but are also designer stores. They operate very differently from somewhere like Old Navy, or... let's be honest, any American clothing store.

I think H&M and ZARA (the latter especially) are very well suited to Yorkville.

True. Where on 5th? I'd be curious to know. High-end Bloor is such a compact and limited stretch of space between Yonge and Avenue so it's interesting to see lower-end brands moving in. 5th avenue is really only true high-end around 59th, as I recall at least.

True. Where on 5th? I'd be curious to know. High-end Bloor is such a compact and limited stretch of space between Yonge and Avenue so it's interesting to see lower-end brands moving in. 5th avenue is really only true high-end around 59th, as I recall at least.

In the low 50s, north of Saks and not exactly surrounded by budget stores (by budget, I mean places like Old Navy. Most stores are mid-rangeish - brands you definitely see on your typical upper middle class professional (e.g. Coach, Cole Haan, etc...)).

The old Hugo Boss store still seems up and running. I *SWEAR* they closed the location just before Bloor St. opened up. Is this a holiday season thing?

The old Hugo Boss store still seems up and running. I *SWEAR* they closed the location just before Bloor St. opened up. Is this a holiday season thing?

They did close the old one for about a week before the new one opened.

I didn't like the men's section in the new Hugo Boss at all. The lights on the second floor wash out all the colours so you can't see anything. Everything just looks white.

Back