News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I have a feeling they will be better at home. Their bullpen looks thin though, they don't seem to have many go to guys with Cecil out. And their big guys aren't coming through with big hits when runners get on. I agree about revere, he's gotta start hitting, getting back to what he was doing a month ago. That last game was a tough loss, Price was cruising and then it went from good to bad real fast. Also I agree with them sometimes taking a lot of first pitch strikes, I've heard buck and pat previously say they are trying to get a feel on the pitchers stuff. But I'm not buying it, you only have 2 strikes before your out so swing for what they give you.

Their bullpen is useless, which is why Gibbons felt the need to bring Price in as a reliever, in Game 4 against Texas. Loup isn't even minor league material. Lowe is pretty decent and Cecil is great, but the rest are iffy. Gibbons should have replaced Loup with Buehrle, to give us a left handed in the bullpen; but Gibbons seems out to lunch, half of the time.

If that's the case - he's got a friend in you.

I'm sure you can point out to me Beurhle's record as a relief pitcher - oh wait, you can't because he's never done it before.

Also, he struggled the last half of the season coping with an injury - he's getting cortisone shots in his shoulder before each start he made. And let's not forget the horror show of his last start of the regular season.

Thanks for the compliment.

I can't imagine Buehrle would be any worse than Loup. I have more faith in the former's abilities. Remember the defence behind Buehrle also committed 2 errors in the first inning of his last game. That prolonged the inning, leading to runs that never should have been scored in the first place. Yes, he still didn't pitch well, but Loup is garbage on a routine basis. Anyway, the Jays bullpen is awful, which is why they need to develop big leads before our starters are taken out in the coming games.

Thank goodness we got the bats going tonight because it appeared that we were on our way to blowing the lead late again.

Strowman was terrible tonight; 11 hits, 1K. If this goes 7, he'll be our starter.

Goins totally redeemed himself, like Lloyd in Dumb And Dumber, when he traded in the sheepdog for that motorbike.

The only person in Canada having a worse night than Johnny Cueto is Stephen Harper. :D Nice to see Tulo is back to being Tulo. Strowman was lucky the Jays got the bats going.

The Royals may not smash homers like the Jays, but they always seem to put the ball in play and get on base.

The Royals may not smash homers like the Jays, but they always seem to put the ball in play and get on base.

And that's what the Jays really need to worry about. They'll slowly hack their way to a win. Last night's 9th inning was a perfect example, watching an 11-4 lead turn into an 11-8 ballgame. If it weren't so late in the game, the Royals probably could've staged a serious comeback.

That was a good loss. Way to keep letting those first pitch strikes go by; it's really working out for us.

Wow, Cliff Pennington pitched...
Heh, I missed that, as I turned the game off in the 8th. I remember Wade Boggs coming into to pitch in a game about 15 years ago.

The Jays bullpen is absolute poo. This whole series, all around, has been embarrassing. Kansas City has outscored us 33-16. We deserve to lose and lose bad. We probably won't even get the series back to Kansas City. Even yesterday, we gave up 15 hits, and almost certainly would have lost, had the Royals mounted their comeback a bit earlier in the game, or if they had one more inning to work with.

Notice how they virtually never swing for a pitch and miss. They're always making contact and usually putting the ball in play. It's as if the Jays' batters have not observed this and recognized that they need to take more chances at the plate. Think of all them potential hits we've missed because we're looking for walks. We often fall behind in counts instantly, the start getting anxious and trying to compensate by swinging at poor pitches. The Royals almost never go after bad pitches. Their hitters are much more disciplined and audacious than ours.

You are the worst type of Toronto sports "fan".

Always looking at thing in the negative.
Am I not being realistic, though? The chances of us winning the series, being outscored by more than twice as many runs, is incredibly slim. And growing up in Toronto, how could one have good faith in our local teams when they're notoriously useless, on a perpetual basis? There's little reason to have hope when there isn't a history of our teams delivering; save for the Blue Jays of a quarter century ago. This Jays team is good, but they're not World Series caliber. How much positivity can fans find in this series? Price pitched a good game and Goins has been our best hitter in the series. The latter doesn't bode well for one's optimism. We've given up 30 hits in the last two games. Evidently, our pitching has been horrible and it has cost us dearly. What gives you optimism, at this point? We could win tomorrow; but winning two games in Kansas City is highly unlikely. I'd love to be wrong about this, but the odds are heavily against us.

And I'm not even a Toronto sports fan. I only care about the Jays. The Leafs, Raptors and Argos are meaningless to me.

Last edited:
I'm so glad that I don't follow sports. Getting riled up by politics on a daily basis is sufficiently enough for me.

Saw Pillar & Goins at a Starbucks on King W. Surprisingly no one else seemed to recognize them or want to take photos. Said "good luck"

Back