News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

There’s all that plus the 501A/C. BT can barely manage 2 branches on some routes idk how this will turn out

This could perhaps work if say 501 ZÜM were simply extended to Finch Go whilst VIVA Orange keeps its current alignment. If we are pursuing adding more branches to the 501 between Bramalea and Highway 50 then I can see this becoming troublesome during rush hour as Pre-COVID schedules shows buses coming every few minutes on this segment. I really don't see ZÜM going past VMC anytime soon though, it does not seem like an idea that Brampton Transit is pursuing. VIVA Orange did crowd at very specific times of the day before COVID (I remember around 7 in the morning and 3-4 in the afternoon) but the buses were practically empty for the rest of the day. I have very vivid memories of getting an entire arctic bus to myself between Richmond Hill and VMC around midday on the weekdays. This was also the time of the day when frequencies increased greatly (frequencies in the midday was 30-40 minutes).

For me, what really sets the Queen street segment apart from the Highway 7 segment is that there are good local connections to other bus routes. Brampton's grid system is almost is on par to that of the TTC (IMO) where I can almost rely solely on the system map to get where I'm going. In the majority of York Region, transit is really only viable on the VIVA corridors and even that's barely manageable since frequencies are so inconsistent. A BRT system where you need to check the schedule before using is a really terrible joke.

(also, since this includes Highway Seven in Vaughan, maybe this thread title should be updated)

It's located here on Metrolinx's website: http://www.metrolinx.com/en/regiona...itscases/benefits_case_analyses.aspx#brampton

Specific PDF here: http://www.metrolinx.com/en/regiona...enefitscases/Queen-St-Hwy-7-BRT-IBC-Final.pdf

Last edited:
From a presentation the CAO gave Brampton Council today.

1611766493342.png

1611767510807.png

1611767535064.png

1611767581037.png

Sources:

Attachments

• 1611767561447.png
    1611767561447.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
^ The IBC has already been released. See post No. 62:

Last edited:
Metrolinx is delegating to Brampton's Committee of Council on Wednesday February 3rd, regarding the completion and approval of the Queen Street- Highway 7 BRT
Their presentation is here

The presentation that Metrolinx received at their meeting before voting to approve

There is also a packet of items from Brampton's staff regarding the item, see item 12.2.5

The presentation that Metrolinx received at their meeting before voting to approve

This is a surprisingly good presentation. It details out actual features of the terms (BRT vs priority bus) instead of leaving it up to the readers imagination; not something they've consistently done. It's one of the few times I've looked at the short powerpoint and not felt it necessary to look at the technical documents to find out, at a high level, what was actually being proposed.

I do wish the Regional Rail bar extended to 3 minute frequencies. 10 minutes is great for North America but far from the upper limit for that mode; Metrolinx should make the board aware that while stations might be at capacity due to the way they're built, the corridor still has plenty of capacity per track (if all trains use the same stopping pattern).

Last edited:
You can see Brown's life flash before his eyes in that pic as he remembers his misadventures with Dougie.

You can? I found that jacket a bit too distracting to notice. LOL

You know what it made me think of...............and this is weird, because I don't actually recall watching this show ever:

1629932823052.png

taken from:

Herb Tarlek from WKRP in Cincinnati

Back