News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

^ I saw that and I think from Brampton's staff's perspective it's more a case of just dealing with the outcome since it's Orangeville that pushed for it.

Government Relations report at today's Brampton Council meeting.

View attachment 352137

'Scuse me for being completely off topic; but I went over to the Brampton website to see what else was there, and they have a live stream of Council with the Mayor in the Chair.......

OMG......the jacket he's wearing.........

1632923954206.png

You're such a fashion shamer 😄

Mostly just for Mayor Brown.

You rarely see other Pols make such ......outlandish choices; if this one had colour it would be another Cherry-esque offering.

I mean, really, I don't care if someone gets their formal clothing from Moores, Hudson's Bay or Harry Rosen. But if you do your shopping at Fabricland, I reserve the right to you call you out! LOL

You rarely see other Pols make such ......outlandish choices; if this one had colour it would be another Cherry-esque offering.

I mean, really, I don't care if someone gets their formal clothing from Moores, Hudson's Bay or Harry Rosen. But if you do your shopping at Fabricland, I reserve the right to you call you out! LOL
At least he stands out which is admirable.

Gatekeeper!

I must admit that while I tend to dress flamboyantly myself, I'm not a big fan of that jacket. Way too "70's used car salesman" for my liking.

MZO request for Rogers for downtown Brampton adopted 11-0 by Brampton Council.

Staff reported added to the agenda today mentions LRT, Queen BRT, and GO.

Actually, they approved the motion to apply for two MZO requests....one for the DT site (noting that Rogers is already iin discussion with ML about acquiring the land and that the head of ML is writing a letter to the province supporting the MZO as well) but they also approved the application for an MZO request for the Dixie Road site....anyone watching could be forgiven for missing this because even though it is potentially more impactful on the lives of many more people....that piece of land is not downtown and does not warrant any counsel time to discuss. ;)

MZO request for Rogers for downtown Brampton adopted 11-0 by Brampton Council.

Staff reported added to the agenda today mentions LRT, Queen BRT, and GO.

From the Briefing note, we do get some new info:

1643220424973.png
a

To highlight, Rogers is looking to relocate approximately 3,000 employees from the Dixie campus.

Clearly, as a matter of basic math, this would involve a complex larger than 200,000ft2 as that would be only 66ft2 per employee (not happening)

From the Briefing note, we do get some new info:

To highlight, Rogers is looking to relocate approximately 3,000 employees from the Dixie campus.

Clearly, as a matter of basic math, this would involve a complex larger than 200,000ft2 as that would be only 66ft2 per employee (not happening)
Hybrid workforce will sort out that s.f. per employee situation....hotdesking/hotelling/WFH model will sort it out.

Further to my original posts.....that briefing note does not discuss at all what is going to happen with 60 acres and 1 million s.f. of space......just that it is changing! The residents on the east side of Dixie are going to see a pretty dramatic shift in how their streets get used....and i don't want to sound as if I am opposed to development but what an MZO does is remove any public consultatiion and their ability to know what is coming, comment on it and influence it....and to rub salt in the wounds...the lands are not even discussed in the briefing note.

Back