News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

There are a couple small creeks that run down the slope above and across that pathway. This forms every year, but with all the snow we had this winter, it's the biggest I've seen in the 5 years cycling there. The pathway is closed November through June because of this, but there is an easy go around for crazy people like me who cycle all year.

No wonder, crappiest pilot I've ever seen.

It is worth noting there was significant tampering of traffic control devices during the pilot. Incidents occurred almost daily and included the deliberate moving and removal of pylons separating lanes and overturning of signage trailers. This likely affected the data as it relates to perceived safety of the ABL for users as well as inconsistency of lanes marked with pylons.
This was probably one of the biggest issues, drivers aren't really scared of traffic cones and it really didn't help that they were spaced a significant distance apart. I didn't even bother to ride it.
As I expected the average delay increase was negligible (0.5-1min). No reason for 18 street to be as wide as it is, but unfortunately all four lanes are being repaved this summer. So we ended up with no traffic calming and no river pathway alternative :/

This was probably one of the biggest issues, drivers aren't really scared of traffic cones and it really didn't help that they were spaced a significant distance apart. I didn't even bother to ride it.
As I expected the average delay increase was negligible (0.5-1min). No reason for 18 street to be as wide as it is, but unfortunately all four lanes are being repaved this summer. So we ended up with no traffic calming and no river pathway alternative :/
It literally made no sense to me, it connected nothing to nothing. Something like this that continued on (proposed pathway in red) would have made a lot more sense to me, but obviously doesn't fit the scope of a pilot.

BoRHlwN.png

It literally made no sense to me, it connected nothing to nothing. Something like this that continued on (proposed pathway in red) would have made a lot more sense to me, but obviously doesn't fit the scope of a pilot.

BoRHlwN.png
I'd love for 18th Street to have a path all the way to 114 ave, and connect to a 76 avenue track on the north end
Safety improvements on the Glenmore overpass as well

There are a couple small creeks that run down the slope above and across that pathway. This forms every year, but with all the snow we had this winter, it's the biggest I've seen in the 5 years cycling there. The pathway is closed November through June because of this, but there is an easy go around for crazy people like me who cycle all year.
Why haven't they built a culvert!

Bike lanes and pathways have been super busy lately, good to see so many people getting out of their cars! I do still hate the escooters though, just a free for all with them, on the road, on the sidewalk, in the bike lane, people doing the slalom with over ear headphones on... Does the city ever enforce the rules for these?

Bike lanes and pathways have been super busy lately, good to see so many people getting out of their cars! I do still hate the escooters though, just a free for all with them, on the road, on the sidewalk, in the bike lane, people doing the slalom with over ear headphones on... Does the city ever enforce the rules for these?
Those escooters are lawless

Back