Votes: 14 25.0%
  • So So

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nice to see the seating areas and plazas being used, in some spots quite heavily. Hopefully that usage will continue, getting tired of walking through a ghost-town corporate area.
Brookfield's interior is looking very monochromatic - white, I think some grey or wood components would be cool. Lovely interior trees though, are they real? I do also like their art piece at 1:04, shame there isn't more. All in good time, I suppose.

Looks really good, a bit sterile but I wouldn't expect more from an office complex really. Not yet, at least.

Looks really good, a bit sterile but I wouldn't expect more from an office complex really. Not yet, at least.

I can't think of any interior plazas/mezzanines/lobbies/whatever-you-want-to-call them in any Calgary office building that make for much of a party. Many of them are nice sure, like Suncor and 8th Avenue Place come to mind for me. Are there any excellent, exciting or at least non-sterile lobbies out there in the office towers of other cities that could be an example of something to strive for?

This kinda reminds me of a pet idea of mine. I'd love to see the entire +15 system revamped. Less random mishmash cheesy little stores and food courts, more elevated interior streetscapes and parks that carry on from building to building and better integration with actual ground level street life.

The Core was actually a great step in that direction, but it's integration with the street level is unremarkable. And I'm envisioning something with more of an entertainment/nightlife focus than just a never ending mega mall.

I'd like to see the +15 network gone altogether. I know it's handy in the winter, but it's the reason we have all these downtown streets with very little retail entrances to the street.

I'd like to see the +15 network gone altogether. I know it's handy in the winter, but it's the reason we have all these downtown streets with very little retail entrances to the street.
We don't have enough sidewalk capacity to do this. If we want activated street-fronts, we need policies that let towers renovate to have them more easily, maybe even incent a FAR point after the fact that they can trade to another site.

I'm not sure I follow. I'm not disagreeing, but I don't understand the point about not having enough sidewalk capacity.
We don't have enough sidewalk capacity to do this. If we want activated street-fronts, we need policies that let towers renovate to have them more easily, maybe even incent a FAR point after the fact that they can trade to another site.

^I think @darwink is referring to the fact that the sidewalks are full of people today (peak hours and lunch hour), and if the +15's were gone you would hardly be able to move at times.

In the 60s, the impetus of the Plus 15s was wanting to increase density while maintaining traffic. You could reduce traffic lanes and increase sidewalk size, or maintain them. But then where would the extra pedestrians go. This was put in place after the death of the downtown concept with larger freeways feeding parkades on the periphery died.

Capture23.PNG

Attachments

• Capture23.PNG
    Capture23.PNG
    122.7 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
I for one would be far less likely to even leave my building if there were no +15s in the winter time.

Hi Group,fo
When I 1st Came out to Calgary Years Ago the Plus 15 was a New Concept to Me. Its Gone through a lot of Changes since I 1st Got Here. With Future Dvlpmts From
Owners and Dvlpmts We shall see lot More Changes Happening.
Tnx.
Operater

Back