News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Part of me still wants the Flames to lose so they don't change their mind about shipping half the team out...but from an entertainment standpoint, this is definitely better than last year.
I’m in the same mindset, I can’t decide if I want them to win or not. Part of me wants to see them crash to the bottom for the next couple years and get some high draft pics, but the other part of me wouldn’t mind seeing him make the playoffs.
What I don’t want is seeing them miss the playoffs by 3 or 4 points.

I went to bed after the 2nd. Woke up to a "they won" text from a friend. Really happy for Wolf, early success is important for his confidence. The kids are a huge part of the flames success, it is exciting. Sometimes you have to give players a chance. Huska has been a breathe of fresh air, he stood strong through early struggles, and has a great feel for who is going, no matter who it is and plays them more in the latter parts of the games. His game management has won them games with their comebacks.

Entertaining game against Colorado last night, thought the Flames had it in the bag, but Colorado can really turn it on when they want. Knowing that the team is going to get blown up in 3 months, I want entertaining hockey, but not enough wins that they consider signing players they are currently shopping around haha.

Huberdeau is on pace for 32 points, worst contract in Flames history. I've said it before, his shitty play has guaranteed that he stays here till he retires or we buy him out. Nobody is going to pay his salary with the anemic production he has shown the last 2 seasons.

I was on the fence whether to cheer for them to win, or for them to lose, but now I’m cheering for them to lose. With Edmonton surging back into the standings it’s highly unlikely Calgary will even get into a wildcard spot now. They still have to compete with Nashville Arizona and St. Louis, I think the season is done, not to sound too much like a Debbie downer but they aren’t gonna make the playoffs this year soooooo..time to tank it and get some decent draft picks

The Flames lose again and are now 1-4-2 this month. Huberdeau continues to be used in important moments (on the PP, late in games, Overtime) in the game by this coach despite being a glorified 3rd liner at this point and on track for 41 points in 82 games.

For a few games things looked promising, but I’m in the same boat as many of you. I think that the season is done.
I’m usually not a defeatist, and I’m usually a glass half full type person, but I really don’t think they have enough even just to make the playoffs.
The worst case scenario would be the flames competing just enough to miss by 2 points like they did last year.
I’m officially rooting for them to lose. Except of course, when they’re playing the Oilers 😀

Huberdeau
This is a problem: He is not a centerpiece, he is a complimentary piece. The problem is he's being paid and will be paid for the next 8 seasons like a centerpiece, I do wonder if it will ever reach the point of a buyout, here's what it would look like today:
1702661203320.png

Doesn't seem worth it now, he's not standing between the team and success but if it gets to a point where that is the case, you don't really have a choice. I don't see any team taking on his money.

Yesterday I decided to cheer against the Flames and they won 😐 last time I decided to cheer against them they got hot, and when I decided to cheer for them again the started losing. I might have to do everyone a favour and become an oilers fan, cheering against the Flames all the way to the cup!

I’m not at all on the fence over whether to cheer for them to win, or to lose. After about the first two weeks, I’ve been solidly in the camp of cheering for them to lose.
There is nothing to gain by having them win games at this point.
I mean the best case scenario is they make the first round of the playoffs as a wildcard team and promptly get the boot. The worst case scenario is they missed the playoffs by a few points, and there is a very fine line between the two.
The way they’re playing this year the difference in points between the best case scenario and a worst case scenario is less than 10 points probably. I really hope they lose a pile of games and start a complete rebuild.

Back