News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Clive is a different thing if I remember correctly. I like it but it's not smashed patties like Shake Shack or Burgers Priest. Both of those places also have the same vegetarian option (stuffed portobello mushroom) and sides (fries with cheese sauce, very American to me).

Shake Shack is pretty good, and the one at Madison Square Park probably has the best ambience of any burger place on the planet, but to be honest I'm not crazy for it. I really liked it at Madison Square Park, but when having it at Atlanta and London, it didn't seem as good, and after converting pounds and US dollars to Canadian, it was around $25 for a burger fries, and a shake. I guess that's not much more than you would pay at Clive Burger or even Peters.

Clive is a different thing if I remember correctly. I like it but it's not smashed patties like Shake Shack or Burgers Priest. Both of those places also have the same vegetarian option (stuffed portobello mushroom) and sides (fries with cheese sauce, very American to me).
Clive burger is part of the Concorde group https://www.concordegroup.ca/
I don't think Shake Shack will affect business much

Clive is dope, Peter’s is maaaajorly overrated (literally the only above average thing is their shakes, everything else is well below even average fast food chains), and I’ve never even heard of CBS so can’t comment on that haha.

Never had Shake Shack but I’m excited to try.

I wouldn't say that Peters' is overrated, as it all comes down to personal taste. Comparing Peters to other burger places isn't an apples to apples comparison as Peters' has a unique style and flavor of burger, so it ends up polarizing people's tastes. People either love it or hate it. Most other burger places have similar kinds of burgers with burger patties that are similar and standard toppings (lettuce, tomato, mustard, ketchup, onions, pickles) that are same from one place to the next, thus easier to compare straight across.

For those like myself who like the Peters' style, it's the best place. If you don't like that style, it's the worst place.

Had shake shack in NYC, it was good, but nothing special. Tastes like fast food burgers and shakes to me.
Could just as easily be Sonic, In and Out, or FAT Burger. I thought it was overrated, but then again as per my post just before this one, it all comes down to personal taste. I thought it was decent, just not worth the $25 CDN for a burger and shake. I could go to Sonic or In and Out and would be just as happy. I could also go to FAT Burger, but it would be the same price! The last time I took my wife and son to FAT burger it ended being around $75 for the three of us :(

Last edited:
How does Shake Shack compare to Boardwalk Burgers and Fries? I am waiting for my son to get just a bit older, and plan to do weekly burger outings with him, trying out all of these places.

I recommend anyone who thinks Shake Shack is overrated, or more charitably, similarly rated to In and Out, to try a SmokeShack on their next visit if it at all appeals.
"Angus beef cheeseburger with applewood-smoked bacon, chopped cherry peppers, and ShackSauce on a toasted potato bun"

I am also partial to frozen custard.

Perhaps a huge amount of bias from having it first at the flagship in New York on a beautiful fall day, but I'll always stop in if have the opportunity while on a trip states-side.

I haven't tried the smokeshack burger, but will try it on your recommendation :) Like others I thought Shake Shack was overrated also, but part of it could be because my buddy was raving so much about it that it was a letdown once I tried it. Being a chain, sometimes things are hit and miss. I tried it in Vegas, and it felt like the people working there couldn't care less about the product. I also think Peters is overrated, but it's by far the busiest burger place in the city. I guess it does come down to taste.
For the record, I like Burger King overall, value and taste combined.

I recommend anyone who thinks Shake Shack is overrated, or more charitably, similarly rated to In and Out, to try a SmokeShack on their next visit if it at all appeals.
"Angus beef cheeseburger with applewood-smoked bacon, chopped cherry peppers, and ShackSauce on a toasted potato bun"

I am also partial to frozen custard.

Perhaps a huge amount of bias from having it first at the flagship in New York on a beautiful fall day, but I'll always stop in if have the opportunity while on a trip states-side.
I also had that same first experience of Shake Shack and it is good, but In-N-Out would be my pick more days than not. It's sort of hard to compare; if the random website I found is to be believed, a single SmokeShack burger is more expensive by itself than a Double-Double animal style with fires well done and a medium drink combo; and the workers are (in my understanding) paid better to boot. If you're selling an upscale burger for upscale prices, it ought to be better.

All of the big patio enclosures are being installed today 🥰

0F08A911-3427-4AA6-98CC-AC90C06F1267.jpeg
371C7351-4B63-43FA-8EBA-7B2730EF32DE.jpeg
16B596A0-25AE-4198-8FF8-897A9A5D4B78.jpeg
3F1D8C22-FACE-493B-94D4-6A796E9F126E.jpeg

Back