News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

IMG_2804.jpeg

Yes, we can.

Not yet, I just noticed it exists like a few weeks ago and definitely gotta try it. Thanks for the reminder.

Anyone try Jane Bond BBQ in the old Grumman's space?
Did a BBQ platter for dinner a few weeks back and one of the sandwiches for lunch last weekend. Overall quite happy with the food though it does feel a bit expensive for what you get, though it is in line with the other BBQ places in town. The interor layout isn't great with some oddly shaped booths and tables that make it seem far more cramped than it should be considering the amount of people Grumans had been able to get in there. Worth a visit if you are in the area, not worth a destination visit though as it is lacking the atmosphere that would make you want to stick around for another drink or two.

Checked out Veranda today. Quite a cool spot, with good food. Kind of pricey, but par for the course these days. I’m happy to pay a bit extra if the quality is good.
View attachment 471527View attachment 471528
To speak like I'm younger... unreal vibe! But the food quality for the price wasn't there for me. Had the pizza and pasta and they were charging Una prices without the quality. Maybe not the best choice of food.

To speak like I'm younger... unreal vibe! But the food quality for the price wasn't there for me. Had the pizza and pasta and they were charging Una prices without the quality. Maybe not the best choice of food.
I agree, the value doesn’t quite line up, but the vibe is great. I’m okay with paying extra for the food to have the cool vibe.
I had the burger and it was very good, but was $19.00 if I am going somewhere just to eat and have a beer, EL furniture warehouse, where I can grab a burger for 10 bucks.
My friend had the Crab Mac & cheese. It was good, but at $26 bucks it’s high in price.

I tried Strip joint today, and was impressed with the food. Not the cheapest place, but the value is decent. Chicken isn’t cheap anywhere, and here you get 4 large sized chicken tenders for $15. Not outrageous.
The flavours are great though. Worth it IMO.
IMG_2867.jpeg

I agree, the value doesn’t quite line up, but the vibe is great. I’m okay with paying extra for the food to have the cool vibe.
I had the burger and it was very good, but was $19.00 if I am going somewhere just to eat and have a beer, EL furniture warehouse, where I can grab a burger for 10 bucks.
My friend had the Crab Mac & cheese. It was good, but at $26 bucks it’s high in price.
El Furniture is my favourite spot these days, 2 beers and a burger for $25.

Back