News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

They are setting up a temporary sidewalk for pretty much all of the strip of 1 St between 12th and 13aves. Look for that whole stretch to be patios (except St James, their patio is on 13th). This city should do this on more streets. I was going to take a picture but there were some tweakers harassing people so I didn't linger lol.
Sucks to hear that there are still tweakers hanging around that location 10 years later after all the development that has happened. I always remember getting attacked by a group of tweakers after taking pics of the excavation of Colours lol.

Tweakers are worse than I've seen downtown, meth is apparently more popular than ever! I remember some guys coming after you for taking pictures, that was 1 St?

Yeah I’ve noticed a huuuge uptick in the number of homeless and tweakers throughout the inner city since the tent village in front of the DIC was dismantled.

Tweakers are worse than I've seen downtown, meth is apparently more popular than ever! I remember some guys coming after you for taking pictures, that was 1 St?
Yup that was the spot. The tweakers thought I was taking pics of them and tried to take my camera. One of the rare times I've ever punched or hit someone. 😐

I had some prostitutes and a pimp on 3rd ave do the the same when I was taking pics of Jamieson Place. They were more reasonable though, I showed them my pics of the building and they moved on.

Yup that was the spot. The tweakers thought I was taking pics of them and tried to take my camera. One of the rare times I've ever punched or hit someone. 😐

I had some prostitutes and a pimp on 3rd ave do the the same when I was taking pics of Jamieson Place. They were more reasonable though, I showed them my pics of the building and they moved on.
Being a skyscraper nerd is a dangerous hobby!

Checked out Central Taps finally, great space, great patio, the food is a bit overpriced but not bad. They messed up both my friends and my orders, so they definitely have some work to do, but I'll definitely go back.
I was actually planning to go down there today, but the weather turned kinda so-so. Definitely going to try it though.

Good news on Two House brewery in Sunalta. I talked to one of the managers there today as I was passing by and he says they are hoping to be open in Stampede week 👍

B92A33BE-A65C-400F-873E-55A3CB2DA3B5.jpeg
18857472-5559-4294-9E80-A994BA4B4B68.jpeg
3CC27F74-B327-4130-96EB-15BF4C8C7A37.jpeg
5086627C-014D-43B8-8EB4-66910E590AE7.jpeg

I did not see this posted anywhere. The old Scotiabank space on the NE corner of 8th Ave & 2 St SW .... 2 stories & big windows ... is going to be an Italian themed establishment.

www.barbarellabar.ca
www.barbarellabar.ca

It is a big space so Concorde Group are 'banking' (pun intended) on it to be a popular hangout.

Great location and they had tremendous success with Major Tom. However, I noticed that the SAIT culinary location on the +15 level has closed down for a while now, likely because they opened in the new location on 4th Street. I wonder if there are any plans for this spot?

Golden Inn is closing on August 27th 😫 make sure to give them some business before they go out.

Back