Votes: 39 35.5%
  • So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
To each their own I guess. I think this will be way better than anything in the west end currently, though the developer cheaping out is my biggest concern, and I know they love to "value engineer" a project.

I don't think we will see eye to eye.

I'm not opposed to this being described as better than anything else in the West End. It's speaks more volumes of the West End than this being a quality design.

I am not a fan of the podium either. I would have loved a mega-block style 5-8 storey residential podium with towers out of the top (either shorter or the same height). Give it some life. This project leans too far into the mindset that 9th Avenue is a shit-hole auto-route (which it is) and will always be (which it doesn't have to be). The design almost removes the possibility that 9th will ever be more than a wide, desolate canyon for cars in this area.

I am very pro density though, particularly in this area. 11th has several nodes of activity that may one day form a great main-street. Adding 600 units / 1,000 people in one block goes a long way to activate that. If the podium was less inward looking and more residential it would be a light-years better project.

Few hours old update:

36127989316_3b58b8dbf0_b.jpg

36036019651_a9c8e9e21b_b.jpg

36001353432_bc2f288e89_b.jpg

36036019701_03a13b6cdd_b.jpg

35363118913_4cdcbf727e_b.jpg

35776616760_5cf5bbe533_b.jpg

Hi Group,
I had a Chance to Walk by the Site (11 St. Side). Saturday, Did Notice a "Swimming Hole" for Those Who Need to Cool Off in the High 20s/Low 30s Weather, Won't Last Long. That Graffiti Paint Work Looks to B What? COOL LOOKING! Nice Professional Job really. Couple of Things I Noticed. Metro Ford had a Sign about a "Renovation Sale". Are they Looking to Expand on Their Site? Also that 6 Floor Bldg on the 8th Ave Side is Seperated by an Alley Way for Now. Looks like its the only Bldg Left on the
8th Ave Side for the Time Being. Looks Like it Might B a While B 4 the Foundations are Ready to Start. Just My Observation for Now,
Tnx,
Operater.

Hi Group,
I Couple of Things I Noticed. Metro Ford had a Sign about a "Renovation Sale". Are they Looking to Expand on Their Site?
Operater.

I would be surprised if Metro Ford is investing any more money in that site. The land was acquired by One Properties (formerly WAM Developments) for the purpose of future MF residential development.

Hi Group,
I Haven't Been to Metro Ford in Years, so Yes I was Surprised to see the Renovation Sign, I Know the Property has been Acquired etc. Next Time I am in the Areas I'll Drop by and Asked Where They plan to Fly the Coop to, if Anyplace.
Tnx,
Operater.

Back