News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Perhaps the Standard Triple is for a couple ( they fight over gets the small room ) and their single friend? Or maybe the small room is for a Lady of the Bedchamber type live-in servant?

Oh. My. God.

Someone needs to be publicly shamed and then shot. Seriously.

Please tell me that Ryerson is in NO WAY involved in this monstrosity.

I will upload some pics taken today asap.

I can see it rising from my balcony and must agree that it's atrocious from this vantage point.

Please tell me that Ryerson is in NO WAY involved in this monstrosity.

I will upload some pics taken today asap.

I'll gladly tell you that Ryerson is not involved in this monstrosity. It's private, an affilate of Tridel, as a matter of fact.

Thank goodness. It's quite funny though that this hideous beast is located within a 10 second walk of the Architecture building. I'm imagining profs taking their students outside and explaining what not to do... ever.

Exactly... I wanted to say the same thing but was worried I'd find out that it was something of architectural importance like the U of T residence with that stupid sign sticking out over the street.

BEHOLD!!! The Spectacularily Craptacular!

And lucky for everyone it looks like they're putting the finishing touches on this jewel!

God help us all.

res1.jpg

res2.jpg

res3.jpg

res4.jpg

res5.jpg

res6.jpg

The other Star Of Downtown.
Actually, 'The Star Of Downtown' might look like The Palace Pier compared to this. It's enough to give colour a bad name.

Let me guess what we are seeing: someone went to a leftover sale for building materials?

I'm concerned tourists who stumble upon this unfortunate intersection will suddenly think they've somehow been transported to some crumbling downtown centre in a developing country.

Here's the best of the best in this gem:

This gorgeous 700 sq ft box can be yours for only $2000/month.

campus.jpg

Features
Steel entrance doors for security and safety
Combination smoke and heat detectors
Combined kitchen, dining room/sitting area
Three separate bedrooms, each with own entry door and closet for privacy (one of the bedrooms has double entry doors).
Freshly painted concrete and gypsum board (drywall) walls
Designer vinyl floor tiles throughout the apartment
Large double glazed windows for natural light that open fully to take advantage natural ventilation
Ceiling mounted light fixtures in all rooms
Telephone, television cable and high speed internet ready.
Hall entrance closet.
Adjustable heating.

Options
APARTMENTS are available unfurnished
Other move-in options include tableware, flatware, bedding, cookware and air conditioner reantal

Kitchen
Quality “L†shaped kitchen millwork with upper and lower cupboards and counter top with stainless steel hardware and sink.
Name brand appliances including: frost free refrigerator/freezer combination and a four burner stove range)
Ceramic tile back splash.
Counter height dedicated electrical receptacles
Kitchen hood with exhaust fan over cook top
Designer vinyl floor tiles.
Ceiling mounted light fixture.

Bathroom
Vanity with sink and storage below.
Mirror with cabinet above the vanity.
Toilet
Bathtub/shower combination with ceramic tile surround.
Ceramic tiled floor
Exhaust fan.
Stainless steel towel bar and toilet paper accessories

-----------------

How many toilet paper accessories are there, exactly?

A bit of an Alsop trickle-down effect (and trickling *really* far down).

Oh, re the present Architecture building: best to describe it as "neutral". Really reflects that moment in Ryerson's existence when it didn't know whether it wasn't to be more universityish or vocational-trade-schoolish. Incredible to think it's by Ron Thom (though very late, and bread-and-butterish)--if you squint your eyes, its stripped-downness has some artful kinship to the Diamond/Myers mode of urban building; but boy, it's stripped-down, indeed...

Back