News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I'm surprised as to how fast this project got permits, razed the existing homes on Gerrard, excavated (no underground) and built. Blazingly fast. And it shows!

I don't understand how they can get $2000 a month for that. Is the attraction the fact that three people can share in the rent?

I'm surprised as to how fast this project got permits, razed the existing homes on Gerrard, excavated (no underground) and built. Blazingly fast. And it shows!
Was there anything razed on Gerrard other than that weird apartment building with the ironwork?

Wow, if Trump had consulted these guys on efficient building materials and techniques they wouldn't have needed to circumsize the tower, and could have built it in 1/5th the time!

I wonder if these guys could be convinced to do a 100-storey version of this.

That looks like a 1970s housing development in a German suburb. If the colours weren't so funky it would look really drab, but the lavish greens and red tones are kind of endearing.

Boy, this looks like a prison.

The perfect argument for a design review panel.

I do not understand how/why anyone would pay $2000.- a month to rent these apartments- there are absolutely no redeeming qualities in my opinion-none- not even a balcony- just three separate rooms. Who approves such monstrosities?

p5

That area was already depressing enough from an architectural point of view, and this is going to make it worse. A glass box would have been better than this.

I do not understand how/why anyone would pay $2000.- a month to rent these apartments- there are absolutely no redeeming qualities in my opinion-none- not even a balcony- just three separate rooms.p5
Mommy and daddy will pay. Why?

1. Because it's close to their kid's school.

2. Because the building is "new" and "safe."

3. Because they don't live in Toronto and can't be bothered trying to find something else.

Quite a strange project though. I don't absolutely hate it. In fact, much like HD, I find something endearing about the colours.

Boy, this looks like a prison.

There are much better looking prisons out there.

While it was a concrete frame it had promise...hugging the street, wrapping around the building on the corner, little setbacks. Under defter hands it could have been ok. Then the nasty windows arrived and it has only been downhill. What a sad piece of crap.

Back