News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I agree in that the Eglinton/Laird store was always a letdown in many ways. For a store servicing such a key group of neighborhoods (Leaside, Davisville, etc.), it was not up to par.

Compare it to Leslie/Sheppard. Very busy store but very well run. The McCowan/Sheppard store has always been very good too although I haven't been to that location in many years.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4W 2H2

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 161631 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: May 26, 2014

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to existing retail space on the lower level of Canadian Tire for "Service Ontario kiosks, computer and storage rooms. Proposal also includes HVAC.

The Service Ontario kiosks are so smart for CT. Brings traffic to your store, and offers services that complement your product offering. (ie. License renewal - Auto, Fishing/hunting licenses - Sports) It just makes sense!

The Service Ontario they set up, not the computerized kiosks but real people, at the Lakeshore and Leslie location is always busy. Yes it is really a smart way of getting even more people into Canadian Tire locations.

I go to the Service Ontario at Lake Shore & Leslie precisely because I don't think it's busy, lol :) (Try out 777 Bay if you want to see busy). I can get in and out in just a few minutes.

The Service Ontario they set up, not the computerized kiosks but real people, at the Lakeshore and Leslie location is always busy. Yes it is really a smart way of getting even more people into Canadian Tire locations.

Not surprising, since the government got rid of the computerized kiosks. So, Service Ontario centres are now it. Mind you, I believe they've expanded the scope of what one can do online.

Last edited:
Not surprising, since the government got rid of the computerized kiosks. So, Service Ontario centres are now it. Mind you, I believe they've expanded the scope of what one can do online.

They did -- I just renewed my driver's license on line.

And to keep it on topic -- that's not good for Canadian Tire because I usually end up buying something when I go to Service Ontario.

Not to go way off topic onto ServiceOntario but I actually find their online service to be quite good. I do as much as I can on the ServiceOntario website and only in certain cases do I actually go into an actual physical location.

All in all, I've never found the CT store on Lakeshore to be very busy. It's always been a very relaxed atmosphere.

Not to go way off topic onto ServiceOntario but I actually find their online service to be quite good. I do as much as I can on the ServiceOntario website and only in certain cases do I actually go into an actual physical location.

All in all, I've never found the CT store on Lakeshore to be very busy. It's always been a very relaxed atmosphere.
I used to work not far away. Never too busy. I have been there on a weekend and not too busy. Always customers, but never a zoo.

Yes, I didn't mean a madhouse like College Park location, but they usually have a small line when I've been there.

I also have found the service Ontario online site to be quite useful. However, I found recently when I had to update my vehicle ownership that I do have to go to a Service Ontario in order to get new ownership forms done, you cannot do that online if you're moving.

So I visited the Canadian Tire Showroom in Leaside (it took over the old Future Shop location) and talked to an employee for a bit about the new concept. I thought the store looked really good. Very open, lots of colour and a good staging of some of their products. Customer traffic apparently continues to pick up in the 2 months or so that it's been there and I'm told that weekend traffic is very heavy, which is a good thing. I hope this does well for Canadian Tire.

So I visited the Canadian Tire Showroom in Leaside (it took over the old Future Shop location) and talked to an employee for a bit about the new concept. I thought the store looked really good. Very open, lots of colour and a good staging of some of their products. Customer traffic apparently continues to pick up in the 2 months or so that it's been there and I'm told that weekend traffic is very heavy, which is a good thing. I hope this does well for Canadian Tire.

So far it seems to be doing extremely well! I can't wait to see what happens to the space during the Christmas season. It will likely become a 'Winter Wonderland" featuring Christmas decor in ways you have never seen it merchandised in stores, as well as winter tools/supplies.

Back