News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I don't disagree with you for a moment, and I'm not promoting meeting through the Internet though that's fine if it works for some. I think it's the reality of the situation for a segment of our population which has had a dramatic impact on our community in the past decade.

Updates coming to Church St.

The BIA plans to unveil the markers officially on April 14 at 6pm; a reception at The Vic Public House on Church Street will follow.

The event is one of a number of BIA activities planned over the weekend, including a gay travel show at the Courtyard Marriott, a scavenger hunt and “mixers†aimed at promoting the Village and getting business owners excited about, and engaged with, WorldPride in 2014.

“We’re calling this the WorldPride activation weekend,†Devine says.

Along with the markers, Devine says the BIA plans to announce its plans for a partial summer street closure, which will create extended patios on Church Street for the bars and restaurants as well as temporary public seating. The co-curators for the Church Street mural project will also present an update on their progress and will announce the final list of participating artists.

I still like the idea of a 'utility lane' running down the centre of the street. It can be used for left turns at intersections and trucks can easily stop to make deliveries to either side of the street.

I still like the idea of a 'utility lane' running down the centre of the street. It can be used for left turns at intersections and trucks can easily stop to make deliveries to either side of the street.

It would be nice if emergency vehicles could travel in both directions as well, unimpeded by 'extended patios'.

It would be nice if emergency vehicles could travel in both directions as well, unimpeded by 'extended patios'.

Emergency vehicles seem to be able to navigate one way streets just fine - with or without patios, such as Hamilton

I do hope that the closure is north of Maitland, otherwise there will be a lot of really bad traffic problems caused by this for people living on Mutual Street. Maitland is the only convenient way to get to Jarvis.

Especially since they closed that lane through Radio City. I don't even get how a private landowner can unilaterally close a marked city laneway.

Especially since they closed that lane through Radio City. I don't even get how a private landowner can unilaterally close a marked city laneway.

It is not a marked city laneway. It is the property of the condo corporation. That was confirmed by the city and so it was closed to stop all the traffic from flying through there like maniacs, almost causing accidents.

Yes - lived at Radio City and am renting out my place. Anyways - the laneway is private property and was closed on a temporary basis. I believe the permanent closure is not yet final.

I do hope that the closure is north of Maitland, otherwise there will be a lot of really bad traffic problems caused by this for people living on Mutual Street. Maitland is the only convenient way to get to Jarvis.

Mutual St. is one way south between Maitland & Carlton Sts. so no one on Mutual Street can access Maitland Street anyway. Jarvis can be accessed nearby via Wellesley St. or Carlton St.

Those awful markers are back and look even worse when lit. How do we have them removed. The area is already visually compromised.

Mutual St. is one way south between Maitland & Carlton Sts. so no one on Mutual Street can access Maitland Street anyway. Jarvis can be accessed nearby via Wellesley St. or Carlton St.

Best way to get to Jarvis from Mutual is take Wood over to Church, Church to Maitland and Maitland to Jarvis. Much easier to turn both right and left there. My concern is that if they shut Church at Alexander, this option will be gone. Getting onto Carleton from either Church or Mutual is a nightmare, especially when turning left.

Maybe if they had made Mutual one way in the opposite direction from Wood northward, that would help.

As an aside, there's a Japanese restaurant slated for the old Regal space.

I used to just drive out of Radio City onto Wood, Wood to Church, Church to Carlton so I could turn left at a light.

Yeah, you can do that too but it is not nearly as efficient, especially with the increased pedestrian traffic due to teh Loblaws opening. It means making two lefts to get onto Jarvis and dealing wtih streetcars.

Back