News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Walked by there half a dozen times this past weekend, no signs up to that effect.

It could be early in the process, if true. Just thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone had heard anything similar. So time will tell.

I'm also hearing that Timothy's Coffee at Alexander & Church is closing soon, something of an institution for the last 15 years. It kind of became the new "steps" after the steps were removed, & Second Cup closed.

It could be early in the process, if true. Just thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone had heard anything similar. So time will tell.

I'm also hearing that Timothy's Coffee at Alexander & Church is closing soon, something of an institution for the last 15 years. It kind of became the new "steps" after the steps were removed, & Second Cup closed.
Wouldn't surprise me. There's a lot of competition when it comes to coffee, and Timothy's seems to be losing. They're always empty, except the one in the village. I think the Second Cup with it's patio is better, just with it was Starbucks instead.

Wouldn't surprise me. There's a lot of competition when it comes to coffee, and Timothy's seems to be losing. They're always empty, except the one in the village. I think the Second Cup with it's patio is better, just with it was Starbucks instead.

A friend & I meet at Timothy's every month or so, there's very few people there until around 5 or 6. I think your right, Second Cup killed them with the patio space which is busy about March through November. Plus there's a Timmy's at Yonge & Wellesley now, not sure if that location affects the Church Street coffee crowd or not.

Edit: Timothy's closed on Sunday. It looks like there's a note up, but I was on the opposite side of the street with a 45 pound bag of dog food.

Last edited:
I walked by Daybreak yesterday and saw a For Lease sign on the window... interesting that they shared with their Facebook followers that they would only be temporarily closed.

I wonder what the plan is for this building.

Edit: Just checked their Facebook page and it looks like they are closed and planning on moving to a new location.

Originally she did, for some years, but it's been through one or two owners since.

I noticed this newer cladding on the east face of 71 Charles Street East and wondered if it was part of an overall refurbishment or only a partial recladding. Either way it really stands out compared to the rest of the building, which I might add has some of the best units in the area. BTW, I wonder if this is really in The Village or whether this area should be called something else? The North Village, Charlesville? lol
image1.JPG

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    564.3 KB · Views: 1,115
That's The Paxton condo, your gold if you can get a unit in there.
The Cosmopolitan condo (25 Maitland St., another building with some great suites) is also undergoing an exterior reno., they are painting the concrete an off white. I don't understand the move to paint the exteriors of condos & apartments, I've seen this done to half a dozen buildings in the area over the last couple of years. Here's the Cosmo. from my POV, half painted so far.

cosmo.jpg

Attachments

• cosmo.jpg
    cosmo.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 1,077
RBC is moving in next to Freshii, and looks like a new shoe store is opening on the second storey space next to All The Best.

^ The name changed a while ago, though everything else, including the guys behind the counter, appears to be the same.

RBC is moving in next to Freshii, and looks like a new shoe store is opening on the second storey space next to All The Best.

RBC put up an "opening soon" sign in that window last summer for World Pride, then it came down a few months later. Same thing again this year just prior to Pride. In the other window a "RBC Happy Pride" sign. Nearest RBC is Yonge & Alexander St. (south of Wellesley).

The parking lot next to O'Grady's has been fenced off and has a "sold" sign on it. Anybody know what's going on with this?

The parking lot next to O'Grady's has been fenced off and has a "sold" sign on it. Anybody know what's going on with this?

I saw this today too. Didn't even realize it was for sale. I'm a bit worried about what will happen there. I could see someone buying Ogradys and trying to build a condo...

I remember hearing a long time ago that there were plans for an Alexus 2 but something was in the way. . . not quite sure what/if this parking lot was part of that land assembly.

Back