News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I was walking my dog around 3:30am and came across what I believe to be a very distressing event. I must preface that I can't see well at night without my glasses, which I only wear when I drive. I saw (I believe) to be two individuals ("figures") shaking cans and tagging the AIDS Memorial, I could hear the the cans being shook and spray coming from the cans. I didn't have my cell on me so I high-tailed it home (2 minutes), called 911 and reported it. They were definitely at the memorial and I can't think of anything else that can be tagged in that area, I believe there are only bushes and small trees. I'll head over and take a look when I get up, I sure hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

no update on this ?
or were the people huffing aerosol cans?

I was walking my dog around 3:30am and came across what I believe to be a very distressing event. I must preface that I can't see well at night without my glasses, which I only wear when I drive. I saw (I believe) to be two individuals ("figures") shaking cans and tagging the AIDS Memorial, I could hear the the cans being shook and spray coming from the cans. I didn't have my cell on me so I high-tailed it home (2 minutes), called 911 and reported it. They were definitely at the memorial and I can't think of anything else that can be tagged in that area, I believe there are only bushes and small trees. I'll head over and take a look when I get up, I sure hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

That's exactly what a neighbour suggested, kids huffing paint fumes. No defacing, no tagging that I could see at 6pm last night. Thank goodness.

So it appears Carmen's (after briefly being the subject of redevelopment speculation) has been resurrected as... Carmen's. At least, they have a banner out front that says "now open", but it looked pretty quiet and their reopening does not appear to have made much of a splash online. Has anybody actually been, or heard from someone who has? I guess I could go check it out for myself, but I'd hate to wake the staff, or worse yet be presented with an awful meal and a bill for $200.

Overheard at Central Y this morning. Two straight guys talking. " The Gays should have their own locker room. It feels weird being checked out. "

Ha.

Every men's locker room, especially if it has a communal shower as does the Central Y, will have a certain element of "checking out". To be fair, though, the Central Y is a bit notorious for that. Nonetheless, get over it.

More importantly, they shouldn't assume that they are being checked out at all. There is enough cock and ass on display there that a lot of it doesn't even get noticed.

Overheard at Central Y this morning. Two straight guys talking. " The Gays should have their own locker room. It feels weird being checked out. "

Oh please, as a user of the central Y, as if a) they didn't expect that coming in, b) whatever cruisers there are they tend to be of the, err, rather homely variety and c) I wonder how many cleavages they've checked out while working out and whether they have considered how their subject ever felt?

AoD

Haha, ya seriously. You're at a gym in the middle of the downtown Toronto, in the heart of the gay village, with a bunch of gay men who like to workout. Surpriseeee!

It does make one stop and wonder, could there be advantages to a Gay Only change room? Do we really benefit by being policed by straight men? I know I know the argument, " in a perfect world we're all suppose to get along. " But what if?

The media tower at the northeast corner of the Beer Store parking lot was removed today. Not sure if it's related to the future development of that lot.

Back