News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

What would it take to expand the width of the sidewalks in the Village?

We would lose parking on one side of the street. The BIA would be opposed. It would be great because the sidewalks are definitely too narrow. Wider sidewalks would help the village's vibrancy enormously in my opinion.

Looks like the A La Torque kebab place is gone; walked past it tonight and the inside looks pretty gutted.

As identity politics rules city politics, I heard that one of our city councilors is advocating not only for Transgender restrooms, but Gay restrooms too.

Going to the restroom has turned into a kind of shopping adventure. Male. Female. Trans. And now Gay. Which means Lesbian, Bisexual, Queer and Questioning restrooms could finally be on the horizon too. Will the Village be on the leading edge of this?

As identity politics rules city politics, I heard that one of our city councilors is advocating not only for Transgender restrooms, but Gay restrooms too.

Going to the restroom has turned into a kind of shopping adventure. Male. Female. Trans. And now Gay. Which means Lesbian, Bisexual, Queer and Questioning restrooms could finally be on the horizon too. Will the Village be on the leading edge of this?
Who exactly is advocating for this?

I think the comment is tongue in cheek. In Europe everybody just pees together. Solved!

Who exactly is advocating for this?
It was on the radio. One of the self-appointed downtown progressive types. It was so odd, but well within realm of a Toronto possibility. Maybe it was that CBC spoof show. I don't know. But I thought, " wow, someone in the Village, The Beach or the Annex must have come up with this. "

Yeah, I think you were listening to a parody or something, or possibly some kook advocating some niche position. I think one should have at least some details before one starts blaming the City or particular neighbourhoods for identity politics run amok.

Reactions: DSC
Pizzaiolo has closed the Church street location; wonder what will go in now.

Pizzaiolo has closed the Church street location; wonder what will go in now.

It was never particularly crowded and they had far more space than they needed. Not too surprising. A real sit-down pizza place would be nice.

Back