News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Not sure what this has to do with your original suggestion about gay bathrooms and identity politics run amok. It's one of those unusual human interest stories that newspapers have been running almost as long as there have been newspapers. I don't get your parody reference. Personally, I think life is too short to be passing judgment on some woman I don't know and what she decides to call her cats. If she's happy, why would anyone care?

Last edited:
I have just heard that KingSett Capital has bought several storefronts on Church south of Wellesley on the east side all the way to Maitland. Hmmmmmmmmm! These folks are behind some massive developments.

Last edited:
I have just heard that KingSett Capital has bought several storefronts on Church south of Wellesley on the east side all the way to Maitland. Hmmmmmmmmm! These folks are behind some massive developments.

Oh great, the most vibrant strip of the Village. Do you know which properties? The apartment building at the southeast corner seems tricky to redevelop, and would be constrained by the OMB-approved project at 81 Wellesley. There's also an apartment building at the northeast corner of Maitland/Church. I'd hate to see some of the businesses along Church Street disappear.

New street banners
Church-Street-Banner.png

And a new business
Church-Street-Biz.png

Attachments

• Church-Street-Banner.png
    Church-Street-Banner.png
    245.3 KB · Views: 976
  • Church-Street-Biz.png
    Church-Street-Biz.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 1,020
Marquis of Granby has been shut down due to lack of rent payment, and the dollar store next to the Pizza Pizza is gutted.

Marquis of Granby has been shut down due to lack of rent payment, and the dollar store next to the Pizza Pizza is gutted.
I would love to see Zippers/Cellblock move to the old Barn complex, when they close down because of Stanley, which I imagine will be soon. The Village needs somewhere to dance besides Fly, which caters to a very young crowd.

Oh, there was also a retail for lease sign in the window of the Freshmart so no sure of its fate either.

And a new business
I was wondering where Urge would end-up again. This will be a much better location for a Cruise Box.

"Torontovibe, post: 1115120, member: 198"]I would love to see Zippers/Cellblock move to the old Barn complex, when they close down because of Stanley, which I imagine will be soon. The Village needs somewhere to dance besides Fly, which caters to a very young crowd.
Zippers/Cellblock moving into the old Barn complex would be a very good news story. I have my doubts it'll happen though.

Zippers/Cellblock moving into the old Barn complex would be a very good news story. I have my doubts it'll happen though.

Yeah, I just read an article about WAYLA going up for sale where the owner of Zippers was quoted as saying he wasn't planning to re-open anywhere else but this was in 2013 so...

Yeah, I just read an article about WAYLA going up for sale where the owner of Zippers was quoted as saying he wasn't planning to re-open anywhere else but this was in 2013 so...
WAYLA was for sale earlier in the year, but was taken off the market. It's actually fully gay again and doing quite well.

That's good news about WAYLA; be a shame if it was lost. Speaking of potential closures, North of Brooklyn seems to be on the upswing again; or at least they've replaced the bulbs in the sign anyway.

Back