News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Great news re the patio next to Crews!

Xyclo is preparing to reopen as a Japanese pub. Noticed as well that there is no longer a 'for lease' sign in the remaining Bigliardi's space.

YES! I was wondering what was going on with Xyclo. I saw a building permit posted there. But it's re-opened! That was fast. Has any checked it out yet? Is the food any good?

An all night block party has been called by the protesters in the Church Wellesley Village around 11pm so those in the nabe, grab what you need now and stay safe in your home.

An all night block party has been called by the protesters in the Church Wellesley Village around 11pm so those in the nabe, grab what you need now and stay safe in your home.

Wat.

I was so glad we'd escaped all this nonsense.

Edit: I went out at around 11:30. They're all french. Every single one of them. All tourists in my city.

I sincerely hope the police have someone monitoring twitter feeds.

Last edited:
Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 2C5

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 208790 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jun 29, 2010

Project: Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats Interior Alterations

Description: Permit for interior alterations to existing restaurant greater than 30 seats. Interior alterations to combine 461 and 463 Church on ground floor by creating an opening. Removing kitchen on ground floor - no construction on second floor - Second floor dwelling unit on second floor of 461 Church to be removed. New Occupancy - Total occupancy - 536 people - Ground floor (463 Church) 291 - (461 Church) 60- Second floor (463 Church) 133 - (461 Church) 52.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 2C5

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 208790 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jun 29, 2010

Project: Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats Interior Alterations

Description: Permit for interior alterations to existing restaurant greater than 30 seats. Interior alterations to combine 461 and 463 Church on ground floor by creating an opening. Removing kitchen on ground floor - no construction on second floor - Second floor dwelling unit on second floor of 461 Church to be removed. New Occupancy - Total occupancy - 536 people - Ground floor (463 Church) 291 - (461 Church) 60- Second floor (463 Church) 133 - (461 Church) 52.

Is this the former Bigliardi's property?

Is this the former Bigliardi's property?

Just googled it and that's exactly what it told me! But I don't quite understand this project. What buildings are they "combining"? Just the two "parts" of Bigliardis?

I wonder what's going in here. An occupancy of 536 people is huge! And they're removing the residential unit on the 2nd floor. Weird. Is a club going here?

Perhaps Pizzaiolo is going to serve the booze that makes us crave the pizza. Good business sense. Woody's should have put a pizza joint in the Priape space 2 years ago when they left.

The Bakers Dozen donut shop at Sherbourne & Wellesley has closed along with the recently closed Beaver Gas Station at the same corner. The whole site is now up for sale by CBRE.

I am really shocked and dismayed at the gas station closures in this city recently. I used to live on Homewood, and I loved that there was a 'little-guy' gas station around. It was conveniently placed for me on my way to the highway as well. Now that I've moved to Weston, I had the same thing with another Beaver location on Weston near the Superstore at the 401 - well now both of those Beavers are closed (and the doughnut shops with them). What gives? Is the company in trouble? Is gas really that hard to profit on in Toronto?

Is there a way to incorporate gas stations into a downtown core without sacrificing density? I'm sure safety regulations won't allow a condo over-top of one...

In Rio De Janeiro I saw gas stations were in the median of the road. Just a row of pumps and an attendant.

How can these stations exist here though when they have to compete with stations built with a Tim Horton's, Quiznos and mini-Loblaws inside them. That's where they make all the money.

In Rio De Janeiro I saw gas stations were in the median of the road. Just a row of pumps and an attendant.

How can these stations exist here though when they have to compete with stations built with a Tim Horton's, Quiznos and mini-Loblaws inside them. That's where they make all the money.

Well, that's where the franchisee/"owner-operator" of the gas station makes his money... whereas ExxonMobil/Sunoco/Shell is probably quite content simply making obscene $$$ off every liter of gas you pump into your SUV ;)

Back