News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Anyone try that joint that replaced Il Fornello? From what I've heard, I'd give it a few more months before it goes under.

A source told me that Il Fornello left because they need to do two-sittings/night, and gays all come at 8pm.

I was there on Sunday around noon. The service was good and the food was great, but it wasn't very busy at all. They've got a lot of space to fill in there. Hopefully it sticks around because it's a nice alternative to the pubs.

should be interesting to see if the college crowd comes back to crews once it reopens or if they stay at buddies

I think it depends if the New Crews charges cover or not. If not, I see Crews possibly getting a lot of its old clientele back, assuming it's as good as it was before.

Went to the new greek place (Yefisis?) next to the crepe joint on the corner last night.

Really good. Home made fries, and the guy running the joint appears to have ponied up the dough to hire a trained chef.

Well worth the money in my opinion. I hope it does well - interesting to see that the traffic in Hero burger has dropped off as everyone's gone in for a $14 burger and fries once and realized how poor the offerings are.

Looks like the Red Lion remake is being carried out by the owners of the Groundhog:

http://www.dine.to/groundhog

If that's accurate I'll be very happy. The Groundhog is an awesome little pub, a serious upgrade to what was there. I do wonder why they didn't retain their own name tho, given that it's fairly well-known as far as pubs go

Nabe Update

Today a pictorial entry of new businesses in the Church-Wellesley Village. Half of Bigliardi's sits empty, as does the former Priape space above Sailor, where Pizza Nova was located until they moved two stores over to larger digs and of course Zelda's.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Crews & Tangos, notice the "Opening Soon" sign -

Pizzaiolo is now open. EPIC pizza!

Elevate replaced Statler's pretty quick -

Hero Burger bounced Letteri's -

Yefseis took over the great Greek takeaway place -

The recently opened ChiKoRoo replaced Il Fornello -

Plenty of changes in the past half year.

Last edited:
Fantastic pix dt_toronto_geek!! thanks for that!

As for Elevate, I reckon it's a nightclub, so it's only open at night. If you've been walking by during the day I'd assume it'd be closed (like the Barn or Fly would be).

Fantastic pix dt_toronto_geek!! thanks for that!

As for Elevate, I reckon it's a nightclub, so it's only open at night. If you've been walking by during the day I'd assume it'd be closed (like the Barn or Fly would be).

It was only open for that girlicious show the other day. They either didn't have a liquor license for the night or only got a one-time thing as they've now got an application sign in the window.

On another note, seriously, why are so many people eating at Hero? That has to be the most overpriced, deplorable burger I've ever had in my life. I went past there last night at about 7:30 and there was a line out the door. There were enough that they could have gotten together and pooled their money to buy a grill and a box of the exact same burgers from M&M meats and still have dough left over.

Or better yet, take a 10 minute walk to GBC on Parliament. About the same price for a way better burger

Or even better and more convenient, walk two seconds across wellesley to yefisis and get a good burger with great fries that isn't frozen. Or just go to fricking wendy's two minutes down yonge. Anything but stupid frozen overpriced heroburger.

That is all, sorry for the rant. Please try yefisis. I really like that joint and want it to stick around. Not an employee or owner I assure you.

You could also try Craft Burger on Yonge across from the Reference Library. I like Hero, but Craft is better than that or GBC. Their fries are magnificent!

If it makes you feel better, the Hero Burger near my house is very slow for a Hero. I can't imagine why they put it there in the first place (Creditview & Britannia).

Back