News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

You said it was "Brilliant." I interpret that as an endorsement of their business strategy. But why so touchy about it? Why is everyone on UT so touchy these days about every insignificant thing? Did we import a bunch of commentors from Youtube whose self-esteem is based on winning internet arguments?

I see the confusion.

I used the term Brilliant to mean good, or to indicate my approval. I guess that did come across as massively dickish.

lol, slightly, but i'll forgive you :p. i too interpreted your message as distinctly positive, and i thought by "killer" you meant it'd do a "killing" in terms of business. anyways, doesn't matter.

perfik.

If nothing else its better than a nail salon. Very little to eat in a nail salon. Have learned this the hard way.

Oh that's neat. Although didn't that Greek place (Yfesis or something) fail? I wonder why you think this place will do well.

My two cents, the service was infamously slow and the one time I went there I didn't think the food was very good. The place before it (Mamma's Shawarma Wraps) was good and they were really friendly, I don't know what happened to them but they lasted several years.

My main beef with BIA (or whoever) is those RIDICULOUS pavement signs. The iron (or whatever they are) ones on the ground. They're ugly, and in the winter they are DANGEROUS. What moron decided that these would be a good idea? It doesn't add to the aesthetic to the area at all and look (at best) shoddy. When they're covered with a thin layer of snow (with ice underneath) they are extremely dangerous. Remove them. Spend what ever budget they are allocated to get rid of them.

As for Zeldas — the restaurant was crap, but the patio was ideal. Hopefully, the restaurant that takes its place is a little (just a little!) more upscale with better food (and washrooms!) And I don't need some drag queen singing me my order or parading around whilst I'm trying to eat or drink with friends. Oy vey.

I once went walking along Queen West looking for Queer West Village and by the time I got to Etobicoke, I realized, there is NO Queer West Village. It's only a figment of some marketing guy's imagination. There are no signs of queer life or anything interesting, (in a gay sense) out here. Articles like that make me laugh.

LOL! It's the occasional shoppe here and there with a rainbow sticker on it. Ossington has gay-friendly (or straight-friendly depending on how you look at it) pubs/bars/lounges.

Church St isn't zoned for clubs (I don't think). You can cheat your way around it (as Byz and Crews does) by not declaring it a dance club. If people start to dance it's not the establishment's fault, nor is it against the law if someone stands up and starts dancing. It all has to do with how many square metres there are and things like that (I'm not an expert).

This was a big thing a few years ago. Kyle Rae (a tool, at best) said that if we (gays) wanted to go clubbing we could go to the Entertainment District (!) I couldn't believe he said that. Uh-huh, straight boys are already killing and beating the crap out of each other down there on a given Friday or Saturday night, why not add some gays to the mix! What a jerk.

Last edited:
My main beef with BIA (or whoever) is those RIDICULOUS pavement signs. The iron (or whatever they are) ones on the ground. They're ugly, and in the winter they are DANGEROUS. What moron decided that these would be a good idea? It doesn't add to the aesthetic to the area at all and look (at best) shoddy. When they're covered with a thin layer of snow (with ice underneath) they are extremely dangerous. Remove them. Spend what ever budget they are allocated to get rid of them.

They were more prominent when they were first installed 3 or 4 years ago and they looked good at the time but the details and the shine on them faded pretty quickly. They are indeed slippery, even when it's rainy in the summer you can go ass over teacup depending on your shoe-wear. The one in front of TD Bank has been gone for about a year now, I'm surprised the rest still remain.

This, 10x over. Those things look like garbage and I've seen numerous people skidding out on them. I've been contemplating nicking a SIB (4 foot metal bar with a chisel tip) from my work and ripping them out.

But now if it happens some BIA type will google it and this will turn up. This is why I'll never be a batman-style villain.

Church St isn't zoned for clubs (I don't think). You can cheat your way around it (as Byz and Crews does) by not declaring it a dance club. If people start to dance it's not the establishment's fault, nor is it against the law if someone stands up and starts dancing. It all has to do with how many square metres there are and things like that (I'm not an expert).

This was a big thing a few years ago. Kyle Rae (a tool, at best) said that if we (gays) wanted to go clubbing we could go to the Entertainment District (!) I couldn't believe he said that. Uh-huh, straight boys are already killing and beating the crap out of each other down there on a given Friday or Saturday night, why not add some gays to the mix! What a jerk.

Yeah, I was pissed about that too. I do not want to trek down to the Entertainment District to dance. I want to be in a gay area, where I can run into friends and bar hop all night. It seems like Rae was in favour of closing down The Village. It's having a hard enough time as it is. There are so few options for men who want to dance the night away. (and who aren't 21)

Newspaper up in the window of the place formerly known as Yefseis. About time, its been sitting empty for 3 months at least, no?

Yeah, I was pissed about that too. I do not want to trek down to the Entertainment District to dance. I want to be in a gay area, where I can run into friends and bar hop all night. It seems like Rae was in favour of closing down The Village. It's having a hard enough time as it is. There are so few options for men who want to dance the night away. (and who aren't 21)

You can dance at The Barn, Zipperz (weekends), Byzantium (weekends, late evening), Crews & Tango, Fly perhaps one or two other places.

Back