News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

After you fixed the North York link, I had a look through.

The Tipett Road/Wilson midrise looks interesting - at least it is urban in concept, and will bring some more density to Wilson Station. Wilson looks like it is starting to "Avenuize" as well through that part.

All the new relevant renderings and heights have been updated to the '400' list. Quick recap

151 Front has gone up to 566 ft.
The 55 Mill Towers (including mechanical) are 509ft & 433 ft.

I had a close look at the elevation drawings. here is what I deduced.

151 Front St. Ground floor, Grade level is 77.7M (above sea level measurement) 253.2M to the top of the roof and 255.2M to the top of the desel flue. That makes it 175.5M (575.8 ft) to the top of the roof. Does that make sense?

It makes sense and I'll adjust the list accordingly, but what the heck is a "D-ESEL FLUE"?

Love the isometric context drawing for 45 Charles East... should be included in all planning docs.

Would love to see this aside come to life (give or take 50 metres):

Within the Financial District, the lands to the east (25 York Street) are zoned for an office building with a height of 160 metres and the lands to the east of the Air Canada Centre at 45 Bay Street are zoned for an office building with a height of 181 metres."

Also, I’ve always wondered why the TTC didn’t provide weather protection to all its staircases?
I believe there was weather-protection on all TTC staircases until the late '80s/early '90s. I'm not sure why the TTC decided to takem down, but they did all at once.

I don't remember seeing pictures of staircases covered from books I have, nor do I remember them from the past.

I remember in the early 80s thinking it would be neat to get into the subway from one of these (stairs straight down from the sidewalk!), but normally, our trips did not end up using one of these. I now use one of these daily (north entrance to Queen) and wonder why I thought they were neat - if anything, they're slippery and drafty.

Hidden Theatre

I had no idea that there was a theatre, not to mention such a large theatre, at Spadina and Dundas. You think you know a place like the back of your hand...

Re: Hidden Theatre

Re: Distillery towers. I am waiting to see how Pure Spirits works in its context, but I am leery of the building and of the scale of the two new proposed buildings. For reasons I can't entirely summon, I actually like seeing the Parliament Street tower when at the district, where it is quite visible. Given that they are going sleek and modern for the towers (thankfully) I think the District made a huge aesthetic error by not having lamp standards, etc., which are stunningly modern and interesting and link together old and new in the district.

Re: 45 Charles. I agree that the current 8 storey is lovely, and it's on the list to photograph and add to TOBuilt, but not until June or so when the light is right.

How did I miss this?

The Mill Street condos should not be allowed. We have this beautiful historic district...can't we place buildings there that work with the existing structures? We have such a great opportunity with this area...some 'more of the same' condos would just detract from the area.

I hear that people in the area are happy with the 55 mill street towers. I heard they would rather tall point towers rather than short boxy buildings. Did anyone go to the community meeting for this??

says the file is not available online.

There's also this 39 story, 417 foot (or 127m if you will) tower at Yonge/St. Clair.

1501_Yonge_Street.JPG

Back