News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Any new updates? I was watching bits of BT this morning and they where talking about starting to pack their offices for the move

Aug 7

IMG_aug-08-09-0145.jpg

Working on the sun screen
IMG_aug-08-09-0146.jpg

IMG_aug-08-09-0148.jpg

I think rogers isn't going to let something like bad camera angles to delay Citytv move in date. Rogers would probably tell the staff to work on it as their moving in, i don't think rogers wants to continue paying CTV for use of the Queen Street studios any longer just because of a the camera people can't find a good shot of the square.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that idea :D i like it alot, and as a added bonus we will dedicated to John Baird for all his wonderful work for transit in this city.:rolleyes:

Anyways back on topic, i think rogers isn't going to let something like bad camera angles to delay Citytv move in date. Rogers would probably tell the staff to work on it as their moving in, i don't think rogers wants to continue paying CTV for use of the Queen Street studios any longer just because of a the camera people can't find a good shot of the square.

Exactly. And it's not like CityTV currently has some spectacular view. I doubt most people will even notice much of a difference.

i don't think rogers wants to continue paying CTV for use of the Queen Street studios any longer just because of a the camera people can't find a good shot of the square.

Why do people think they're paying for the space?

AGTO - if you were CTV and you own this space, and a competitor is using said space, why would you not charge?

It is more likely that use of the space was part of the transition agreement(s) dealing with the sale of CITY and "splitting" of broadcast assets. Of course they paid, somehow, but it might not be in the form of monthly rent as we might expect.

AGTO - if you were CTV and you own this space, and a competitor is using said space, why would you not charge?

Because I'd be bound by the agreement between CTV and Rogers at the time of the sale, that states that CITYTv has 3 years to vacate. This was published information.

Well rogers has stated in the past that they wanted Citytv out of there as fast as they could. I think their goal is to have Citytv at Dundas by at least the start of the new tv season.

I'm back from Spain. I'll try to get more info on the move but from what I knew before I left to Europe two weeks ago, we'll see BT's first broadcast next Monday Aug 25 and CityNews should debut from Y&D Square within the following week or two.

I'm back from Spain. I'll try to get more info on the move but from what I knew before I left to Europe two weeks ago, we'll see BT's first broadcast next Monday Aug 25 and CityNews should debut from Y&D Square within the following week or two.

Two dates I've hear so far was Sept 2 then now Sept 8. I know their going to miss Queen Street west but they have to let go and move on. :rolleyes:

Nice to see you back MetroMan

Back