News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Last I've heard internally is this.

Ticker is currently being installed very slowly. They are just putting in the power and supports for it.

The CITY TV sign from what I heard is they are half debating not putting it up now. Apparently there is some outside signage tax that Miller introduced? For us to put up the sign they are estimating it would cost $24K in tax.

I doubt they would scrap putting up the sign, I'm simply just posting what I've heard.

To be honest after the Olympics I expect layoffs at CTV as well as Rogers Television assets

The CITY TV sign from what I heard is they are half debating not putting it up now. Apparently there is some outside signage tax that Miller introduced? For us to put up the sign they are estimating it would cost $24K in tax.

I thought the tax was only on third party signs?

I thought the tax was only on third party signs?

No clue about the tax. I'm just passing on the ramblings I've come across.

As far as the turnaround for streetcars under the building, most recent talk is that the TTC will not give up this land even though they haven't used it in about 3 years.

This all just talk I can't confirm anything.

but I can confirm that it is now Jan. 7th and CITY TV as a whole has not received a operating budget for the year from Rogers. This of course has some insiders wondering if the all news channel will happen at all.

but I can confirm that it is now Jan. 7th and CITY TV as a whole has not received a operating budget for the year from Rogers. This of course has some insiders wondering if the all news channel will happen at all.

The last thing I hear about the CityNews Channel was it in the "development" stages, this was around mid-November.

They haven't used it in 3 years because it's been boarded up for three years. It's an important section of track that allows streetcars to turn back onto Dundas from Victoria.

so i am guessing the ticker is almost done and citytv sign is up. all that really needs to be done is doing something to the torch.

As I mentioned earlier last I heard was Rogers was debating even putting up the City TV sign due to the advertising tax. But as Tuscani pointed out that may just apply to 3rd party advertisers.

I've noticed minimal progress in regards to the ticker.

To be honest after the recent layoffs I don't really see them rushing out to complete any work.

The torch isn't being touched as far as I know.

And standing at Yonge, and seeing all the H-vac units on the roof, the building looks uglier than before. This has turned out to be a disaster.

And standing at Yonge, and seeing all the H-vac units on the roof, the building looks uglier than before. This has turned out to be a disaster.

Yes, the 'silver' H-vac units on the roof are bad enough but it looks to me as though the yellow 'trailer' up on the roof beside them (auxilliary power?) is permanent. Why?

It was bad enough before but these new HVAC units are double the size and so prominent. The sad part is, it wouldn't have cost very much to cover those ugly things up. Now the view of Dundas Square is ruined. You can't get a decent picture of the square without those ugly monsters dominating the background. The ugly stage doesn't help either. That stage needs to be replaced.

I think a lot of things in Dundas Square has been a disaster. When the idea of Dundas came out, they had these awesome renderings. Now everything has been cut short. Things that I think need to be done to make it a more urban area.

1. More advertising. Dundas Square im my opinion is a wannabe Times Square. To make it legit, it needs more advertisements. This includes the torch, the Hakim Optical Building, and The Senator. All can be torn down/renovated to make the square feel more like Times Square/Piccadilly Circus thingy. I would like to see the south side of the square (HNR Building) torn down and let it make way for some giant billboards, some shops, and even a hotel. The old buildings really takes away from the "urban" theme of the square.

Here is an idea I have. Not very good, but explains the idea.
24y8jtw.jpg

2. More traffic. Not many people, even though CityTV has a spot there now, go by there. There needs to be more main shops by Hakim Optical, HNR. I can see a flagship Apple Store at the corner by Hakim Optical.

3. GET RID OF THE STAGE!!!!

4. Get proper management on 10 Dundas. It had the oppurtunity to be amazing. Now it's nothing special. It needs proper management, and maybe a near renovation will happen soon.

Back