News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

What the heck is with the storage shed? Toronto is always finding ways to make itself look third world whenever it can. From asphalt patched sidewalks, to potholes that damage your car, to sheds in one of our biggest tourist draws in the city. Disheartening is right.

Maybe Hume's bit will shame Councillor Wong-Tam into prioritizing cleaning up this mess.

That stage canopy shipyard crane is atrocious and like Hume said, never used. Whenever there's an event on the stage, they bring their own tent. Remove the damn thing, sell it for scrap metal and admit it was a costly mistake.

Maybe Hume's bit will shame Councillor Wong-Tam into prioritizing cleaning up this mess.

That stage canopy shipyard crane is atrocious and like Hume said, never used. Whenever there's an event on the stage, they bring their own tent. Remove the damn thing, sell it for scrap metal and admit it was a costly mistake.

Totally agree!

They should add a "like" button to this forum.

storage shed being removed today as the new "shed" appears to be near completion. I didn't mind the wood look but now it appears most of it has been covered.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 576
No updates for the past year... any improvements or is this area as ugly as ever?

Actually, I think the building looks great now that it's finished! :) It sure is better than the vacant building. I know many aren't a fan of the Dundas Square "Times Square-like" vision, but having a fully working TV studio right in the square actually makes the square not look as half-assed!

It looks great when they feature the building on the news too!

My biggest problem with the square is whomever is running it or the add space ... what's up with the always empty adds on Yonge just south of the square.

And where that spiny travelocity (airplane) on the pole, similar location, has been empty for years.

Actually, I think the building looks great now that it's finished! :) It sure is better than the vacant building. I know many aren't a fan of the Dundas Square "Times Square-like" vision, but having a fully working TV studio right in the square actually makes the square not look as half-assed!

It looks great when they feature the building on the news too!
Yeah but when are they going to cover up those huge, ugly HVAC units on the roof? I thought that was the plan.

Yeah but when are they going to cover up those huge, ugly HVAC units on the roof? I thought that was the plan.

That's my main problem with this mediocre building, it's really noticeable.
I'm not one of those who is bothered by the big ads everywhere, they help to hide that tin can in behind plus it's as good a place as anywhere for a seizure inducing, Times Square wanna-be area for TO. I've been hoping that they would eventually up the ante on the quality and/or technology of the ad panels, guess not...

This will be a natural process dt. As more ads come to the square, they'll be competing for attention. It doesn't help that most of the ad space is owned by the same landlord. Times square has a lot more ad surface area owned by dozens upon dozens of different landlords so they have to compete against one another to stand out.
Nonetheless, the same process will occur at Yonge-Dundas Square over time. It will drive better technology and more interesting advertising. However, it won't happen over night and might take a decade to really notice.

The building, at least on the outside, needs some colour, something to make it pop in the square. Right now its just very grey kinda like 10 Dundas. I'd like them to paint it another colour or do something that makes it pop more.

Back