News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

huh? it was only supposed to have brick on the bottom half in the first place.... strange...

montage.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, this would be a south facing render.

You are not mistaken.

I always thought that was brick on the lower levels. Will it be added later or was I wrong?

Fake bricks? And people are paying real money for these condos? Unbelievable. What's next? Insul-brick siding?

funny how those outer forms have each risen to different levels... makes it look like a giant puzzle or something.

Seeing as the "red brick" is just a faux finish it could still be applied over the black sections. Did anyone notice how it was applied on the low rise building?

Thanks for the photos casaguy.

I think the east side (which those photos show) was never intended to have brick.

funny how those outer forms have each risen to different levels... makes it look like a giant puzzle or something.

PCL is utilizing a new technology that encloses both the level under construction and the five levels under during construction. It will improve health and safety conditions and provide a more stable interior working environment. It is also intended to speed up construction - especially in the winter as trades won't be as exposed to the elements.

This project is essentially testing the new system, so it was slower at the start, but should speed up as any issues are ironed out. If it works out well it is likely we will see the same system applied to other projects around the city in the future.

From PCL:

(as of Sept. 13/07):

Tower M Lower penthouse slab is poured out with preparations for the structural steel penthouse under way. Mechanical and electrical rough ins are proceeding on the 15th floor. Window wall is complete to the 8th floor and precast concrete is being completed on the 9th floor. Steel studs to the corridors is being completed on the 5th floor and suite partitions are framed on the 3rd floor. Masonry partitions are complete on the ground floor.

Tower L formwork is on the 20th level and maintaining a 3 day pour cycle consistently. Mechanical and electrical rough ins are up to the 16th level. Window wall is being completed on the 5th floor with 5 more floors of material on site ready to be installed. Peri systems has fully erected the RCS panel system that will provide temporary enclosures for the fly-form operation and the winter protection. Masonry partitions are complete to the ground floor.

Amenity Bldg concrete is complete and the structural steel is 80% erected. Ground floor curtain wall framing is complete with glass being installed to the south elevation.

PCL is utilizing a new technology that encloses both the level under construction and the five levels under during construction. It will improve health and safety conditions and provide a more stable interior working environment. It is also intended to speed up construction - especially in the winter as trades won't be as exposed to the elements.

This project is essentially testing the new system, so it was slower at the start, but should speed up as any issues are ironed out. If it works out well it is likely we will see the same system applied to other projects around the city in the future.

I guess better in the dark than in the cold...

These are not official renders, but clearly brick is only on the south side of the Montage Tower.

What? They won't spring for some extra fake brick?

Actually.... I passed by Montage not too long ago and the same black trim is applied to all 4 sides of the tower, right down from the base to about the 5th floor or so, where they are currently with the windows. Perhaps there will be no red pre-cast on Montage?

Back