News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Of course I should have mentioned Ford as well, but after much fighting back and forth council painstakingly managed to reinstate the transit plan that Ford tried to kill. Karen Stintz gets credit for doing that, but then she and council had to flip flop just as the LRT was about to get underway. It's hard to blame Ford on this one. Until shovels are in the ground, scarborough transit is pretty much fucked up right now as far as I'm concerned. The original plan has been replaced by endless bickering that never seems to get settled. Every time the plan changes, time gets wasted. By the time the new studies and engineering work is done, anything can change depending on the election. The province and council can't even agree on which version of the subway to go with, whether it's Glen Murry's 2-stop "it's not really a subway", or the long tunnel under McCrappy road. Both sides are cooking up their own facts to try to bolster their preferred version. Yes it's politics, and it sucks.

Last edited:
It seems like all of Transit City was a debacle before these people ever got ahold of it. Hang Miller and Giambrone.

+1

We could have had the DRL opening before the Pan Am games if they took the Province money to build that line instead. Today, we would be debating Eglinton instead.

From the report:

The Transit City schemes seem to have been developed more to achieve an urban design vision than to improve transportation in Toronto. The TTC’s original “Transit City” report of 2007 describes the scheme as supporting “city-building,” and includes pictures of LRT systems in attractive, mostly European environments. At about the same time, the city was developing its “Avenues” program, attempting to create a more pedestrian- and bicycle-friendly environment along urban and suburban arterials.

Last edited:
+1

We could have had the DRL opening before the Pan Am games if they took the Province money to build that line instead. Today, we would be debating Eglinton instead.

From the report:
If you actually believe that you must be living in some fantasy world..

Is it that same report calling for the DRL not to be built?

If you actually believe that you must be living in some fantasy world..

Is it that same report calling for the DRL not to be built?

I was referring to pre-Transit City era under Miller when he decided to take a pass on studying the DRL while pushing for Transit City. I wish it was the Matrix but unfortunately, that's what happened

Wouldn't even be mad if the Province and the Feds just back away from any transit funding for Toronto thanks to this clown.

Uhh... Matlow is one of the smart ones who realised way back when how much cheaper and better the LRT was than this waste of money stubway that Ford had no idea how to fund and now is speaking out against his own solution.

Maybe now they can go back and fix it.

I was referring to pre-Transit City era under Miller when he decided to take a pass on studying the DRL while pushing for Transit City. I wish it was the Matrix but unfortunately, that's what happened

It looks like the Relief Line will need about 10 to 12 years to be ready. So unless Miller started planning the Relief Line in 2003, it couldn't have happened.

Didn't transit city first pop up in 2006?

I don't think we need to cancel this decision - I do think the mayor and councillors need to put their votes where their mouth is and stop pretending you could build subways without raising the required funds through taxes. This is what the vote is about at the end of the day.

AoD

How has the ship passed? No work has been done and nothing major will happen for a few years.

I mean reopening the same old debate and delaying things. How many times do we need to keep going back to this same transit project?

I mean reopening the same old debate and delaying things. How many times do we need to keep going back to this same transit project?

Reopening the vote now would actually speed things up, the LRT would be built sooner and the the millions already spent on it would not go to waste,

I am normally against this kind of flip flopping and indecisiveness, but the absurd stupidity, pandering and vote buying that brought about this subway make it worth the effort to undo, as well as the colossal waste of $1.5 Billion that would provide staggeringly better transit service on other lines.

Reopening the vote now would actually speed things up, the LRT would be built sooner and the the millions already spent on it would not go to waste,

I am normally against this kind of flip flopping and indecisiveness, but the absurd stupidity, pandering and vote buying that brought about this subway make it worth the effort to undo, as well as the colossal waste of $1.5 Billion that would provide staggeringly better transit service on other lines.

It won't happen. Scarborough got its subway. Want to severely piss off 625,000 people? Just try and reopen that debate.

Now for dismantling the rest of Transit Shitty, that's still a work in progress. :)

Uhh... Matlow is one of the smart ones who realised way back when how much cheaper and better the LRT was than this waste of money stubway that Ford had no idea how to fund and now is speaking out against his own solution.

Maybe now they can go back and fix it.

Being cheaper isn't the yardstick we should be measuring long term infrastructure investments in.

Back